Sickness insurance cover for AI's

morning all.

I went to my mutuelle to ask about an insurance policy for loss of earnings due to sickness. I am an A.I. running a chambres d'hotes. The mutuell told me that 50% of lost earnings is paid by the RSI (to whom I pay my trimestral cotisations). I have a few questions : Has anyone experienced this and does it work?

Is it basad on proof of declared last years revenusand is there some sort of threshold of cotisations paid before this "insurance" kicks in?

regards

geoff

it's not just auto entrepreneurs but those of us in the mainstream régimes too - from the RSI's site:

Pour bénéficier des indemnités journalières, les assurés doivent réunir les conditions suivantes :

• être artisan ou commerçant à titre principal
  • être en activité
  • être affilié depuis un an au RSI au titre de l'assurance maladie et relever du RSI au titre de l'assurance vieillesse des artisans ou des industriels et commerçants
  • être à jour de l'ensemble des cotisations d'assurance maladie (cotisations de base et cotisations supplémentaires pour les indemnités journalières1 et des majorations de retard éventuellement dues)
  • présenter une prescription d'arrêt de travail à temps complet

As for what constitutes an artisan or a commerçant - you either are one or you aren't - artisans are registered and commerçants (my case) have a commerce/shop ;-)

that's helpful Andrew thanks;

It does however beg the question of what constitutes an artisan and a commerçant and at the same time, I find it strange that whilst every A.I. is paying their cotisations, some, it would seem ome are left out in the cold with regard to these indemnités journaliéres. Usually, although often obscure, one can usually see some logic in these rulings things but I cannot see any in this one. Can you ?

regards

geoff

According to the official site, that only applies to artisans and commerçants:

Les prestations sociales

Maladie - maternité, allocations familiales

L’activité d’auto-entrepreneur est l’activité principale. L’auto-entrepreneur bénéficie :

- de l’assurance maladie-maternité, gérée par le RSI, pour les prestations maladie en nature identiques à celles des salariés

(médicaments, soins, hospitalisation...), le droit aux prestations indemnités journalières (uniquement pour les artisans et

commerçants) soumis aux conditions habituelles des travailleurs indépendants et les prestations maternité et paternité,

- des allocations familiales, gérées par la Caisse d’allocations familiales (Caf), avec des prestations identiques à celles des

salariés