Signs of Spring 2020?

Daffodils blooming.

What happened to winter?

Couldn’t stand the heat!

1 Like

Bearded irises flowering as well

1 Like

A some crocus and primrose as well, little signs of spring in a wintry landscape.

Global warming !

Ours are in bud and the willow tree is greening up nicely.

1 Like

Cowslips are out here, not good, far too early.

Oh lucky you! I just love them. Seeing them growing wild in the ditches at the side of the road. And for some reason they just don’t reach this far into Lot-et-Garonne

And HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS more today - this is the big push. Ideal weather - mild, light wind from the south

Where are you @SuePJ? We saw loads heading south in November in 33570 but not many heading North.

Lot-et-Garonne. It’s one of the special things about living here.

French farmer neighbour tells us he has some roses coming into flower, “très mauvais, pas normal”…can’t argue with that.

Passed here too, so many :grin:

It was never a reason for living here - why would it be - but having found this place I’m just so grateful it is under their flight path. I love that they are the harbingers of our changing seasons.

1 Like

Our magnolia tree is full of buds that are just bursting - so of course we’re having frosts for the next few nights. In the 10 years we’ve had the tree, only twice have the flowers not been brown. I’d hoped this might have been the third year. But not to be. :cry:

I’ve just been given an enormous bunch of mimosa… absolutely wonderful. This lovely old gentleman is doing a tour of the village, swapping mimosa for a friendly hug… :hugs:

1 Like

First pair of shorts in Leclerc’s car park.

Bright yellow butterflies … and more cranes overhead.
Daffodils are out, as are early tulips, camellia are bursting into flower. And its
still officially winter?