SMD3 - Additional charges

Hello Stella this is what we asked SMD3 about then we received the negative letter telling us that they could not help us with this. So I am not sure why you say they should help us or offer an alternative.

APA - Autonomous living assistance. Our daughter lives with us and we look after her 24/7. She is also on home dialysis using an cycler overnight which again produces yet more daily refuse. This is mainly plastic but again it means more work reducing its size, cutting it into small pieces for easy (relative word) disposal on a daily basis. Looking after and caring for our daughter, Cassandra is something that we accept and we are used to but their are many uncaring and unhelpful peole out there who have no idea what we go through on a daily basis and daily means 24 hours! Before it is said, no we will not put her into care and outside help from ‘visitors’ usually makes more problems than it solves…

firstly… have you discussed incontinence with your GP? costs might be somewhat covered by Social and Mutuelle…
secondly, SMD3 were (so they said) making arrangements for special bins/whatever to cope with incontinence/nappies…

This “excuse” is on SMD3 website…
"Personnes incontinentes: travail en cours avec l’UDCCAS pour la création d’une commission chargée d’accompagner financièrement les personnes éligibles et en fixer les critères (contribution du SMD3 par dégrèvement). NB: la loi interdit au SMD3 de fixer un tarif différent pour un même service "

1 Like

Allocations personalisée d’autonomie - but that might be the one for older people. For younger people it might be another acronym! I imagine you are linked in to the the disabled services, and she is registered? Just check you are getting everything available,

2 Likes

That group I referred to earlier in the thread have many mambers that need to use ‘nappies’ and they have brought this up with SMD3 and got nowhere.
The same for those disabled who cannot get to the bins, or if they can many of the bins are too high for them. Again SMD3 just shrug their shoulders.
There is now a petition to the government, hopefully those of us in 24 will sign it: Pour un service public de ramassage des déchets ménagers à l'écoute de ses usagers - Pour un service public de ramassage des déchets ménagers à l'écoute de ses usagers - e-pétitions du Sénat

1 Like

Another report where SMD3 have not responded relating to a disabled person: Poubelles en Dordogne : pour certaines personnes handicapées, la facture s’annonce très lourde

we’ve received literature from SMD3… which “invites” those of us who don’t use our back-bin allocation… to allow those folk who are incontinent to put their stuff in the bin using our tags…
as we’ve got to pay anyway, why not help those unfortunate folk who will otherwise be facing huge bills… ???

So will we need an enquiry going around our commune… asking all incontinent folk to go on a local list (available to all)… so Joe Public can decide which one of 'em to help…

Of course, no-one will be too embarrassed to make their personal situation public… ??? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

good grief… SMD3 are surely losing their marbles !!!

1 Like

Are you able to send me a copy of that please?

If it’s still around, I’ll scan it…

1 Like

Sorry mines gone to the SM3blabla recycling :rofl:

1 Like

Off topic but having read this thread with increasing confusion (since nowhere did anyone say, as far as I could see what SMD3 was :smiley: )I realised it was to do with waste disposal which is a huge topic of dissension in our area althought the acronym is unfamiliar.

Finally worked out (boy am I slow…) that this only relates to the Dordogne …phew…

Now back to coming to terms with what is happening around us :rofl:

The prices (if that is the right word!) for 2023 have been announced: Redevance incitative en Dordogne : découvrez combien vous allez payer pour vos déchets

Interesting info for incontinent folk…
and those with disabled badges

Oh great over €300 for us now :japanese_ogre: . It is so disgusting too. We have so little black bin waste that when I went to take it the other day there were maggots in the bin :face_vomiting: no way will we use the 40 allocated to us but still have to pay it :japanese_ogre:

We use to pay €120 to have it collected!

Local TV News report, it is the first item so easy to find!

Gawd! Recieved our revised amount :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Since June we have really really cut down on waste and they increased the payment! What to do :woman_shrugging:

I was just coming on to post. I’m fucking furious. Not only has our bill gone up to €320 there was a 2nd bill for my business, which I don’t Di from home, I do it from the Chambre De commerce. Another €165. I don’t even have a fucking card for the 16 bags of nothing I’m allowed each year :japanese_ogre: . Sorry for the swearing I’m absolutely livid.

3 Likes

Oh and the €320 covers 40 openings, we do maybe 15-20 as we are so careful. Fucking twatty areshole bastards.

5 Likes

Think you might be a little bit pissed off, or did I misunderstand? :wink:

3 Likes

I was trying to be subtle but you clocked me :rofl:

3 Likes