So who would you vote for in France

I am in my thirteenth year of French residency, living near a petit ville that dates back to at least the 7th century, with a fair size Islamic population. I’ve yet to witness or hear about a stoning, lashing, beheading or honor killing. Our mainstream media whips us into these sharia frenzies for their own agendas. Set your TV at the curb on rubbish collection day and take up a hobby.

5 Likes

Wow you refuse to believe whats reported almost every week world wide, so they don’t throw gays of roofs of buildings, They don’t cut of peoples limbs for crimes, they don’t allow women to talk with other men unaccompanied, They don’t behead infidels etc…May not be happening in your petit ville but it is happening elsewhere mainly in Muslim countries. We have Muslims near us but they are Moroccans and Algerians and totally different from the ones from Arabic countries.I’ll keep my TV thanks and already have a hobby.

1 Like

Are you now blaming religion for local customs? Have you tried education?

Any more ad hominem attacks will result is account suspensions or a permanent ban.

If you can’t be civil, don’t participate.

2 Likes

Any more ad hominem attacks will result is account suspensions or a permanent ban.

If you can’t be civil, don’t participate.

1 Like

http://www.survivefrance.com/t/how-to-get-offended/15250/4

I have read all the posts now on Le Pen and wonder why a fresh face as the president would not be beneficial for France. I question those who have this unfettered desire to stay in the EU. This is unsustainable as you cannot have richer countries continually supporting poorer countries. Three billion paid to Turkey and squandered. Now they are threatening to send 15000 migrants a month over to Europe. Five times Greece has been propped up and yet they still have much earlier retirement than those in the UK and are still in debt with no likelihood of repaying any of that debt. I believe all countries should have their own currency which then allows them to de-value as required or not!
The EU is not a level playing field and it never will be. It strike me that the only winners in this fiasco is Germany!
Bottom line is that you cannot hemogonize the human race!

1 Like

A Fresh face …but not National Front.

Because she and her party support fascist ideals which, for a country once occupied by Nazis, is unthinkable.

2 Likes

There is another hatred in the world…we should find leaders who unite
Not divide. FRESH!!!

I’m not sure why you think that Germany is the only country to do well through the EU they would thrive inside or out. It’s the Mediterranean, Benelux and ‘new’ Eastern European countries who are the real winners as they would suffer outside a large trading block.

2 Likes

You have not answered my question…how long can the richer countries accommodate the poor countries…Spain has received about 90 billion euros since 1986…the EU in its present form is unsustainable!

2 Likes

PM’d you

I didn’t set out to answer your question. I was questioning the statement you made about Germany.

3 Likes

Hi leonora,

Using your logic, the UK can’t ‘afford’ to keep Wales going or Scotland, so should we let them go as well?

There are always regions which do better than others and they support them. Again, things may change and the once richer nations might need to be helped out by its once poorer neighbours?

Cheers

Martin

1 Like

If you live in France, do you get allocations of any sort? Rebates on anything? Do you use the health service? Do you drive on roads? Have you got children at school?

Because all of those things are paid for by everyone for everyone, it is solidarity and the recognition that we are all in it together and that there but for the grace of god goes any one of us, and what is good for one of us is also good for the people we don’t know - EU finances work the same way but on an international level.

I think it is fatal to become narrowly nationalistic and isolationist and I hope that the elections won’t allow people with that particular exclusionary version of pseudopatriotism to come to power.

7 Likes

So back to the original question, I vote for Vero :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@vero - excellent and eloquent answer - brilliant and so very, very true!!

Yes I live in France at the moment…I pay my tax to the French Government, I pay for my health care, I do not have children, I do not get any rebates, I drive a car and pay my insurance, fuel and road tolls. I do not drain anything from the country but do in my small way pay into it. next question! I worked hard and saved hard to be in this position bringing up 2 children on my own and going to university as a mature student. Wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth.
I would still like to understand why so many want to be attached to the dictitorial greedy self promoting EU bureaucrats

1 Like

Wow! For someone who’s so anti-Europe it’s hard to understand why on earth you live in the middle of it! Sensing lots of anger…

1 Like