So who would you vote for in France

Find one person who can explain how the UK is going to thrive once it’s walked out on its closest and most important trading partners and perhaps Brexit will begin to make sense, until then…
Keep knocking that head against that wall you might eventually see the light.

2 Likes

What I really don’t understand is all these people who love THEIR country so much, coming and living in mine.

(The fact that you can so very easily, and can work and get our benefits etc as and when you need them being thanks to that awful dictatorial greedy self-promoting EU, of course)

3 Likes

I wanted to be here for a long time and should have come earlier.
Nothing to do with being greedy …just needed to come prepared.
But who is really prepared for this world blemished with Trumpers and
Far, far right and all the idiotic people in UK who were convinced that they would
Get their England back…
There is no return.
Gently being persuaded by a society of MPs who change their mind s as often
As they change their socks.

5 Likes

That’s a bit of a racist comment, referring to us coming to YOUR country and and getting YOUR benefits. I’m sure Leonora isn’t claiming any benefits from YOUR country, neither am I claiming benefits from YOUR country nor are many other Brits who have worked all our lives and have chosen to come here to either work or retire here. Brits have been coming to France to work or retire since before joining the EU, so your argument is invalid. Indeed it could be argued that France has benefited economically from the Brits the Dutch, Belgians etc. We pay our taxes to the French government, those of us with vehicles buy mainly French cars, pay road tolls, Insurance. Bought and renovated old houses using French labour and French materials from French suppliers, those of us who run business’s here have hired French artisans and French professionals. Yes we do love our country but just because we choose to live in France or Spain, or Portugal or indeed any other country in the world doesn’t mean we don’t love our own country.

Leonora did NOT say that, you are purposely twisting her statement, as you well know she was referring to the EU bureaucrats, not the EU.

That’s a bit strong referring to we who voted Brexit as idiots. quite frankly I would rather be middle of the road edging right than be far far left as many of you posters appear to be. The likes of traitor Corbyn and lying Blair quite frankly make me wish my father stayed in China instead of joining the royal navy in WW2 after which he was deported back to China by the then Labour government along with the brave Polish fighter pilots. It was the Labour party who shipped me and several other British soldiers to Vietnam just to appease the Americans, some my friends never came back, and have never been recognised by the Wilson government. I have no love of the left labour government or the current PC left.

That is just being bloody rude but why am I not surprised.

2 Likes

Not racism, logic. The thing is that most immigrants who come here, wherever they are from, are happy to be in the EU and don’t, while availing themselves of the possibilities it offers, spend their time bitching it up, saying it shouldn’t exist and applauding their home country, where they don’t live, for leaving it. Don’t you see the enormous inconsistency?

2 Likes

Rubbish, invalid and displaying a lack of basic education.The vast majority of Brits and French are the same race i.e. Caucasian.

Speak for yourself - (tip: use ‘I’ instead of ‘us’). I wouldn’t dream of buying a French car.

All in all - one of the most arrogant and bombastic posts I’ve read in quite some time - displaying some of the worst traits of an immigrant. Embarrassing.

2 Likes

Where do you live Lee?

We actually import far more than we export to the EU so in actual fact the EU will be the biggest losers. The world is a big place and there are mny countries offering to trade with the UK so it survived before and I think that it wil survive again.
I will not keep banging my head against a brick wall…I thought thtis might be an interesting debate. However, several of you seem to be incapable of presenting a rational argument. You mis-quote, make assumptions and your little gang of 5 use bullying tactitcs.

1 Like

have you read some of your own comments lately, How dare you assume I lack an education. I have a degree in electronic engineering, several GCE’s (not GCSE’s.)
I stand by what I said about racist comment, racism doesn’t automatically assume colour, racism also applies when indigenous people comment or act against non indigenous people which Vero did when she made reference to people coming to HER country.
Oh and I have a German made Ford, I wouldn’t waste my money on another French car.

1 Like

I’m so pleased that you can drive, I was feeling guilty for not asking you earlier in this thread

There you misquoting again…noboby is bitching the EU, what we are complaining about is the bureaucracy of the unelected elites in Brussels dictating rules and regulations to member countries, overriding the sovereign laws etc of that country.

1 Like

Prices of food are already rising.
Yes the world is a big place but it depends on what you want,
How much you want to pay for it and who is negotiating for UK.
Even my Brexit brother is moaning because his morning almonds
Are 50p a bag dearer.
He would gladly erase his x if he could but he had not a clue
What Brexit was all about.

1 Like

More rubbish! Simply not true and no one has mentioned colour except you! You’re confusing racism with nationalism - something obviously not covered in GCE’s back in the day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you could help to enlighten me? Which EU rules actually affect you on a daily basis? Let’s start with today - talk me through it - how will you be dictated to and how will the sovereign laws of France be overridden for you, today?

(And there you go using ‘we’ again…try using ‘I’ and own your views)

1 Like

It is not about education just about logic, understanding, remembering …truly remembering what

we had before we joined EU.

Nothing to do with examinations and education.

Are you telling me that British consumers will switch from wanting BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Miele, Siemens and the like to cheap and cheerful Chinese, Korean and other far eastern marques? I think not. The balance of payments deficit is caused by customer demand not membership of the EU. Come on please, come up with a realistic vision of the future. Let start with desirable exports especially a Scotch Whisky I likely to be removed from the list before long.

Which country do you live in!!!

Not being rude, just a point o view. I believe we are allowed those.

France Barbara - why?