Some kindly advice please

When you become entitled to an S1 in your own right, then yes you must apply for it. Reason being that you are no longer a dependent of your spouse because you now have your own entitlement.
But for as long as you are the dependent of an S1 holder - ie not working and not entitled to an S1 of your own - you can be added to / stay on theirs.
That’s how I understand it to work.

I thought that had changed, but maybe I am mistaken.

I didn’t think that had changed, but maybe I am mistaken!

I think the crossed wires might be the change to “ayant droit” system which is no more. I’m guessing here but I think you mean that your OH was added to your ameli account, ie the CV not the CdS.

The S1 still has the possibility of asking for a dependent to be added, or did a couple of months ago.

1 Like

Yes you are right.
Not too bright today, taking antibiotics!

1 Like

Thank you Geoff, it will be great to have a reason to step away from the renovation works, I have to admit to only going to the Librairie-café le temps qu’il fait, the once which was shortly after it opened, I used to frequent the L’Unic Kafe across from the Mairie, but since I parted company with my ex that has occurred less and less. I tend to launch myself into the work when I’m over, the garden has to be tamed which is normally the first week gone. I have also trotted down to Le Kost Ar C’hoat in Gouarec on the odd occasion, just along from AIKB. I’m sure you know it. But yes, it would be great to meet up with a fellow SF fellow :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There are plenty of us out here (Plelauff). It may seem daunting at the moment, but it all comes together in the end - Carte Vitale, Carte de Sejour, tax returns etc. Join the AIKB in Gouarec, it is well worth the annual subscription. The lady who runs the place (Maggie Fee) is wonderful, and is always willing to help if you get stuck on something.

1 Like

We can form a Survive France cadre around a pizza at the Kost Ar C’hoat…

3 Likes

The French government have for sometime made it quite clear that to be officially resident in France you must do so before Brexit date, which is tomorrow, 31/01/2020 at 11pm UK time.
The transition period is for those that already live here to organize their affairs such as applying for their carte séjour, citizenships, health cover etc etc
As a UK resident you are officially a third country national and will have to apply as such to immigration if you wish to move here on a permanent basis. Proof of financial independence is a must, people living here for many years have already been rejected as no or not enough financial income to be self sufficient.

There seems to be some confusion over this?

Because most folk think it is that one must be established by the end of transition (currently 31.12.2020).

Wrong, the transition period is freedom of movement, meaning come and go until December 31st 2020 but this not not include residency! The French government have said you MUST be officially resident in France by Brexit date which is 31st January 2020.

However, the French government will be bound by the terms of the WA, as will all 27 EU countries.
Can you reconcile that with the text of the WA?

This disagrees with you.
https://brexit.gouv.fr/sites/brexit/accueil/vous-etes-britannique-en/droit-au-sejour-en.html?fbclid=IwAR3IJVpSbkTkWnaeYIgAJLBFX4ubaAoYqaRXqAjEq41gjvk152HAJ2DsLmU

Simply not true, the cut-off date is 31/12/2020.

I am correct & you are wrong. If the Franch government ever said you must be officially resident in France by Brexit date that can only have been in the event of No Deal. There is now a deal on citizens rights as the Withdrawal Agreement was ratified by the European Parliament yesterday evening.

The transition period is until 31st December 2020 & all Brits are free to take up redidence in the EU by that date (& EU citizens in the UK). The deadline for applying for residence is six months after the end of the transition period ie no earlier than 30th June 2021.

Those Brits who are covered by the guarantees of the Withdrawal Agreement will enjoy a special status for life with most of their rights as EU citizens guaranteed except the right to onward freedom of movement & voting in local & European elections.

Here is a link to the Withdrawal Agreement. The few dozen pages on citizens rights on residence, health, pensions etc are pretty straightforward. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/840655/Agreement_on_the_withdrawal_of_the_United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_and_Northern_Ireland_from_the_European_Union_and_the_European_Atomic_Energy_Community.pdf

Internet forums in one short sentence!

3 Likes

Also my motto, in Latin -

‘Im rectum erras’ :grinning:

First you need to grow up a lot. Using the term Brexshite makes you sound about ten. It’s happened and you need to make the best of it, agree or not. The Maastricht treTy was signed 26 years ago. We have been part of Europe hundreds of years and people from here have lived there for hundreds of years before the EU.

FACT CHECK
The Maastricht Treaty (or tre Ty) was signed on 7 February 1992 and entered into force on 1 November 1993.
Therefore it is incorrect to say (in February 2020) that it was signed 26 years ago. It was in fact signed 28 years ago.

2 Likes

Many thanks for your pearls of wisdom Martin, I did actually ask for ‘kindly advice’ perhaps that’s your best shot at it.
We all have our crosses to bear, I’m not asking you to carry mine as well.

4 Likes