Some translation help needed - excavator digger

We need to hire a JCB type 2.5 ton excavator digger.

Just wondered what the French translation for this would be.

Mini-pelle, 2,5t


Or “tracto-pelle” depending on, if it’s a tracked machine, or one with wheels (JCB type)


Sarah… you seem to have got 2 topics going on the same thing… so I’ve locked the other one. You can still read it…



Also called more generally “une pelleteuse”.

Location une pelle ?

Loxam, Locamat,