Soreze Mairie (81540) planning to cull our cats (am also posting this on Pet Resuce page)

Heres a drawing for you Sarah.dont know how to post it here.

You deserve so much more than a glass of red. It's incredible the amount of suffering and unnecessary slaughter your determination has prevented. You have achieved something tremendous and shown that those in positions of authority cannot simply trample over the 'little people' (and I don't mean that in any derogatory way at all). Hopefully the mayor will keep to his word and, with even more hope that the news has got round of the potential backlash, the initiative you've started will be picked up by other communes/departments and the neutering programme will spread. You are an amazing woman to have achieved this. Big virtual hug. V xx

Great news, well done!

Just discovered that the mayor went to see my friend yesterday to apologise for the 'out of order' behaviour of the adjoint and they discussed the general attitude in the Mairie towards animal control

He admitted that most of the staff are chasseurs who don't give a monkeys......

I am going to vigilant (as is the assoc plus the volunteers) and hope that this really is the end of a nasty episode

People have been coming up to me all day and asking how I did it - most don't realise the power of the net, the support offered by forums and animal associations, of course, the sharing power of FB and Twitter

I hope that in the future people will not be afraid to speak up in the knowledge that we no longer live in a society that tolerates bullies and that we have ways of bringing things to light very quickly and are able to spread the information in a matter of hours

I am off for a glass of red and hoping to have a full nights sleep!

1 Like

"He may have backed down under pressure, but let's not forget what he did, his hateful views and his threatening behaviour. I'd like to hope he resigns, or is not re-elected, and someone honorable takes over."

I agree with Katharine - vigilance is required, and he needs to feel it.

A fantastic result indeed - am absolutely delighted! You're a heroine - well done to you and everyone who helped and supported you, Finn in particular. He's so right that, together, citizens can and do make a difference - especially given the power of the web.

In my opinion, Mairies have way too much power and many of them seem to be from the same mold. He may have backed down under pressure, but let's not forget what he did, his hateful views and his threatening behaviour. I'd like to hope he resigns, or is not re-elected, and someone honorable takes over.

Wonderful job Sarah, thank you.

I can only say 'Fantastic'... Well done Sarah and all who helped.

Thanks Sarah, and a huge sigh of relief from us all here!!

WELL DONE!

That is fantastic news Sarah - a massive well done to you! xx

Brillant news Sarah.

A big,big,big Thank you for all the cats!!!!Well done

Well Finn, what can I say?

You have been of so much help and I am eternally greatful for all the support you have given me....I am not lying when I say that I don't think I would have gone this far had I not had such a fantastic team behind me

Milles remerciements!!!

Thanks Melissa

I am still going to push for a meeting as I would like to work with the mairie on long term solutions

I went to the mairie this morning to thank them on behalf of everyone who has helped with the campaign and said that if ever they need volunteers, advice etc then I would do my utmost to help

Can't tell you how relieved I am!
:-))

Oh Sarah, congratulations, you are truly a hero and an example to us all!

Do you want us to do anything else - thank the mayor's office or Brigitte Bardot, or contribute to your local association? I believe you have set an important example for the rest of France. I am also very moved and grateful for this forum and the proof that bullies can be defeated.

Thank you Julie and Suzy

I am more tired than anything....this has kept me awake at night!

So relieved - have just volunteered to help with the trapping etc so I may have many more sleepless nights ahead of me, but this time for a good cause!

Its YOU thats amazing.....this is great news.Just goes to show that one person,and SFN can make a difference.

You must be so relieved.

YES YES YES

Sorèze Mairie have officially announced that all errant and feral cats will be sterilised and not put down!

This is fantastic news and I would like to thank all the SFN members who supported our protest - I could NEVER have done this alone

You are amazing!

Hi Sarah

I have some potential UK press interest in your story but have a few questions to ask first. Will PM you.

Yes, I also live in really rural France where everyone has grandparents, cousins, everywhere.

Thank you - hope the mayor gets in touch!

thanks Finn