Sorry - another door furniture question

Well I suppose this makes a change from politics! :slight_smile:

What is the name - in English and French - of the bar that runs down the length of the door outer edge where when you turn the handle upwards it locks by two bolts coming out and locking into the frame?Hope this makes sense to someone.

One of our guests has forced ours and broken the internal mechanism unfortunately and I need to phone around some locksmiths to see if anyone can take off the current one and replace it for me. As all the locksmiths are some distance away I’d rather phone than have to drive there and explain, but I need the language. I don’t have it in English either!

Thanks for any help/suggestions as always. (I’m having a purple patch with things going wrong with our gite!)

Multipoint lock - a bit of googling suggests serrure multipoint or système de verrouillage multipoint.

1 Like

Thanks Billy, spot on. Not sure, on reflection, whether a locksmith can sort this out for me or whether we need a carpenter,

Unless the door itself is damaged I would think a locksmith would be able to fit a new mechanism.

2 Likes

We bought one of those at Leroy Merlin, for a door where the mechanism had got blocked somehow. We did it ourselves but it wasn’t a straightforward task. A locksmith sounds like a better idea.

1 Like