Spot on flea treatment for cats

What a coincidence…the seller seems to have the same name as you.

2 Likes

Maybe he is resident in the Ukraine too :wink:

2 Likes

Also seems to be based in the UK and sells amongst other items chopping boards and mole treatments.

Would this be you by any chance Brian Swift ?

Well, Brian did post on the mole infestation thread, and found some poison on eBay…

1 Like

I’m not sure of the ins and outs of all this but is there no regulation of the strength of product used? I know Stella commented on the mole thread about it?

1 Like

It’s possibly one of the reasons that Brian is so keen to leave the EU’s regulations.

1 Like

I have commented about the new rules and regulations about the use of chemicals etc in France…

and we have heard from the Professionals, too.

Frankly, IMO it is unwise to buy anything that is not approved in France… if you are intending to use it in France… 'nuff said.

2 Likes

It works very well. So does the mole poison. I am a resident of Andorra but have interests in London. I also visit France regularly.

For fiscal reasons ? If you are the Brian Swift selling products on E bay then it states that you are based in the UK !

So does this.

Maybe trying to ‘reap’ the best of both worlds re tax ?

Or follow in Walter Mitty’s footsteps. His life changes from thread to thread, it’s only his outspoken dislike of the EU that remains the same.

The EU was a good idea but has long since past it’s sell by date.

Well as you are a ‘resident’ of Andorra surely it doesn’t really matter to you one way or the other !

2 Likes

Of course it matters, the UK and Ireland should get out.

I would never buy a flea chemical or a mole poison (or rat poison) from eBay…

In uk I once lived close to a farm…their crop spraying caused many seizures in dogs in the local vicinity and secondary poisoning to dogs cats and birds due to their frankly illegal rat control…

It’s just not worth the risk to a cat’s/dog’s immune system to be a) using a monthly spot on twice a month against even the advice of the package insert…and b) bringing in and using a product from another country that may not have passed france’s regulatory requirements…

I hope your cat is ok but I would always choose a natural approach first for mine…

3 Likes

Vets in my area of U.K. (Sussex) don’t recommend Frontline anymore as local fleas are immune.
Best to check with your local Vet what they recommend.

The Ukrainian stuff I sell is brilliant, I can do a discount for you lot as well.

If it’s Ukrainian made super strength stuff, it’s likely to be overly toxic to cats and dogs (it’s toxic enough at normal doses). If fleas have become resistant to it, then just upping the dose probably won’t bring about the desired effect, but will increase the side effects.

Does it have EU approval?

Will we get a straight answer?

Yes it is approved and it works