Starting an Educational Business in France

I am thinking of starting Art Classes. I would like to open a gallery and work space where children and adults can come to learn drawing, painting and craft skills.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Hi Ingrid,

This sounds really exciting! I so envy creative types! As most people on this and other forums will tell you, getting the right statue is very important. The Auto Entrepreneur status is a good starting point as the paperwork is quite light (at the time of going to print -the authorities like to tinker with it though) and it is relatively easy to set up. You can't allocate any business expenses against your business (such as materials, advertising, etc) so you need to keep an eye on what you spend.

How much research have you done? Do you know there is a need for this sort of service in your area? How much to charge can often be the question business starts up struggle with. Do you know that there are potential clients out there who will pay what you want to charge?

Think about how you can get your message out - how are you going to tell people you exist?

Starting a business isn't easy, but it can be done! Good luck!

Lynda

ps what area are you based in?