Still poisoning our bees! - Reforms on the way September 2018

Our bees are still suffering, will we ever learn ? :rage:

2 Likes

I am surprised we don’t hear more about this, it looks as if it could be a huge disaster, but I suppose the multinational chemical industry, have the power, influence to ‘hush’ it up :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just had this in my ‘in box’, I have signed, it costs nothing and may help …

1 Like

The threat to Bees (and others) through the use of chemicals etc … has, in fact, been widely reported for quite some time in the Press and beyond.

Conferences and other stuff… debate/inform what can/should be done to avoid disaster… but there is always a good reason to delay the deadlines for banning products and procedures. or so it seems…:zipper_mouth_face:

Even amongst us here on our forum… you will find comments about folk bringing chemical stuff in from UK or elsewhere if it is (or becomes) unavailable in France…

Clearly we ALL need to rethink our habits and get back to working with Nature and not against it…

1 Like

Update at midday today…

“EU member states support near-total neonicotinoids ban”

Let’s hope they all keep to the vote to support the ban… be interesting to see the figures… :zipper_mouth_face:

Hi Stella,
I would guess that the ‘good reason to delay’ is to do with stockpiles of chemicals, the desire of the agri-chem giants to make even more money for the bosses’ bonuses and the weak politicians who will all back down to big business when the agri-chem giants spout hollow threats of redundancies, lay-offs, reduced profits/tax contributions etc.

Aaah, cynical outburst over, relax and put the kettle on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Goodness Ray… hope you feel better now… :upside_down_face::wink:

Better news for Bees from 1st September 2018… :thinking: