🛑 Stop Brexit

I just love this guy - my type of lawyer by far

1 Like

Really? Not exactly what you would call dynamic :zzz::zzz: wake me up when he’s finished…lol

1 Like

He’s clear, precise and to the point.
Don’t forget he is addressing their Lordships in the highest Court in the land - not a baying breed of brexshiteers :roll_eyes:
I don’t know how you can say he is not dynamic but perhaps you don’t understand the nuances of the accusatorial nature of the British legal system - the Justices certainly do and that is what matters.
Please feel free to have a little snooze whilst the rights of citizens of the united kingdom are addressed in proper order and the correct way.

For starters fiddling about with his folder …talk about ill-prepared !
Presentation is the key and counts as well as being clear and precise. "Ums and ah’s do not cut it, a bit of professionalism wouldn’t go amiss.
I feel IMHO that a better job could have been done when putting forward this case.

Don’t be misled by appearances. He performed in much the same way during the first case he covered in the Supreme Court… and don’t forget - he won that hands down.
The last thing the Justices want to see is pantomime…

1 Like

Agreed, we have enough of that already! :clown_face:

Commentary by Joshua Rozenberg suggesting that Pannick coming across very well and arguments by his opponent Lord Keen not coming across nearly as convincingly.

2 Likes

I’m glad you see it my way.
Be assured, he is a skilled and extremely accomplished lawyer.

Which was exactly the case with the last case when the Solicitor General of the day put the May Government’s case. It was cringingly embarrassing to say the least!

1 Like

His pauses and turning of pages are deliberate and there to allow the Lords time to read what is in front of them…

3 Likes

Of course , I forgot that they are incapable of listening and finding the appropriate page at the same time! :wink:

2 Likes

The pauses and turning of the pages were as a result of the fact that the pagination of his documents was different to that in front of their Lord and Ladyships.

It was noted at the beginning of the proceedings that the two documents didnt match by 68 pages.

2 Likes

That is interesting…the conspiracy theorist in me is asking what happened to the other 68pages!:scream:
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …shredded?

Ha ha!!

Nope - Just sections in a different order - I think it was one section transposed, thereby causing the electronic copies to be numbered differently.

The Justices had their documents on electronic devices whereas the advocate had a hardcopy file in front of him.

3 Likes

Carl, you are a mine of information. :bowing_woman:t3:

1 Like

need a few of these @Anglozone :spades:
One of these perhaps:
:wink:

1 Like

Yup, that definitely will come in handy. I hope @graham you will be compliant and stand nice and still.
:rofl:

You’ll need it for your “mind” sic of information :grin:

1 Like

Whoops, slip of the tongue :tongue: edited thanks x

1 Like

and stand nice and still.

Your patio or mine? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like