Strange Issue With Landline

Hi all,

Got the Internet with Orange and finally this week bought an actual landline phone. We’re allowed to ring the UK for free, so I went and plugged the phone in and just get a constant dull beeping sound when I try ring out.

Wondering if it’s me being stupid or if I’m going to need an orange engineer to come and tinker with the phone socket.

I just thought it was strange as the Internet works fine but figured something must be not working properly for the phone to not ring.

Thanks
Mike

Are you plugging the phone in to the phone port on the DSL filter or to the phone port on the Livebox?

Do you get dial tone?

If you are plugging the phone into the wall socket (via a DSL filter) did you pay the extra rental for a “real” landline.

If you aren’t using the socket on the Livebox what happens if you do?

And, obviously, you aren’t forgetting 0044 and no leading zero on the UK number (I know that you know this but its sometimes the simple things that we forget to check).

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your words of wisdom! Plugged it into the back of the livebox and it now works…I had no idea this was even a possibility.

You’re right, sometimes it is the simple things that I don’t realise :slight_smile:

3 Likes