Summer Evening!

Lovely, good dinner, on the terrace, then entertained by, the bats, I can hear them, sometimes, Babeths younger ears, are better, then Barn Owls, then the Little Owl, perched on the tv aerial next door, his ‘screech’ like a vixens cry.
Who needs a Caberet :hugs:

1 Like

My grandson loves to hear ‘Mr Owl’ at night when he’s here.
We also have to look at the moon and work out if we can see Venus or Saturn.

2 Likes

That’s great for the Lad Teresa :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

I have the owl chorus in the lime trees and the bats who live at one end of an attic are out, I can hear them.
A nightjar sometimes makes its weird noise, and there are nightingales at the bottom of my field.
As I sit under my auvent, somebody gallops above my head, probably a lérot since the squirrels are asleep. The hedgehogs, 3 of this years’ babies, are scuffling about in the flowerbed about 2 metres away, it’s full of rich pickings.

The foxes may be about but they are very discreet in the evening, much more than when they come to eat cat biscuits in the courtyard of an afternoon. The badgers won’t come into the garden until about midnight.

There are 4 rainettes on the courtyard-side kitchen windows as I write, the lights are on so supper is easy to catch, they spent all day behind the shutter. The praying mantises lurk on the edge of the light in a bay tree, I assume they also like to catch foolish bedazzled insects.

4 Likes

Forgot the Crickets, apparently, French holiday makers in Provence are complaining about the ‘racket’ they make :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, goodness knows who and how many are in the field stridulating away :relaxed:

1 Like

I love a good stridulate on a summer evening, in a field :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Beautiful description V’, I close my eyes, hear it see it, well done :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Be discreet though, Eh :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Mind the hedgehogs Mark !!!

1 Like

Long time since I heard a Nightingale, last was in Dartmouth, years ago, companion didn’t know what it was, beautiful.
Only ever heard a Nightjar, once!

1 Like