Survive France Property Shop chat

Great idea - Would it be possible/practical to insert direct links to the property from an agency website ?

Thought I would ad ours, all details here:

https://selfsufficiencyinsouthwestfrance.wordpress.com/

I forgot to give my contact details for the house at Canet! valwineyard@gmail.com or tel 04 68 75 43 68

Here's one in Canet d'Aude, a village between Narbonne and Lézignan Corbières. Frankly a village house but in an open sunny space by the church. First built in 1840. Basement with own entrance, could be let out or suitable for teenagers den. Ground floor, large living-room, large kitchen diner. First floor, bedroom en suite with large shower room, separate washroom, 2nd bedroom, 2nd floor, third bedroom and large space suitable for a sunterrace. 82000€![](upload://giSSifZLj8PcD6jiSGQAio7dP3t.JPG)![](upload://18mDYkQdd2BcvrVH0y1RlZ8xP7H.JPG)![](upload://ebC6zsz1NuRK7y4Bqf5b2oNgetq.JPG)![](upload://xs56cqCcuuGy5v2eRuwiTRzXhTS.JPG)![](upload://3nFMvnqoMo4thwAgY7gZwJ4UN8c.JPG)![](upload://oFRlO2J7yeRx7eys7R9S9N1Gf1D.JPG)![](upload://xCGCbZMGBbDjIOOs1bW7wBdvZ4Z.JPG)![](upload://a12sQECmvCfpRhuvRLJyvHJX59v.JPG)

Great idea. Here's one to get the show going - a converted rectory in the Drôme Provençal (26) 10 kms from Montélimar :

Just 15 minutes from Montélimar (TGV train station, 2:45 to Paris) and 10 minutes the A7 autoroute (2:30 to Genève by car), in a dominant position on the edge of a small hamlet forgotten by the years, this property consists of two buildings, the main house (170 m² / 1700 sq.ft) with 4 bedrooms and two living rooms, and the guest house (60 m² / 600 sq.ft) with one and a half bedrooms (the second being located on a mezzanine), with a garden of 400 m² / 4000 sq.ft (swimming pool possible). Cellars, sauna and workshop.

The property has been tastefully restored and enjoys superb views of the hills and surrounding countryside making it a haven of peace and tranquillity.

Price : 450 000 €

Description : The house has medieval origins and would have been the rectory for the now deserted church next door. It comprises two buildings separated by a garden and a large South-facing terrace overlooking the countryside. The house is equipped with ADSL and a video alarm.

Ground floor : The front door gives directly onto the dining room (23 m²) which opens onto the stone flagged terrace, the kitchen, the main reception room (26 m²) with its ancient stone fireplace, open to the West, laundry room, guest bedroom (26 m²) with ensuite bathroom and WC, the small living room (22 m²) with fireplace. Separate WC.

First floor : 3 light and spacious bedrooms (18, 17 and 17 m², one with a small East-facing terrace), bathroom with WC.

Guest house : Main reception room (30 m²) with huge stone fireplace, kitchenette (6 m²), bedroom (16 m²) with ensuite shower room and WC. A second bedroom on a mezzanine.

Outside : A double-vaulted stone wine cellar, sauna, workshop (18 m²) and boiler room (15 m²) with oil-fired boiler. Two large external stone vaults provide separate fire-wood storage.

Garden :400 m² with stone pathways, the open terrace, and beautiful olive and walnut trees – but above all magnificent views of the surrounding hills. A peaceful haven just 300 yards walk from the huge Marsanne forest.![](upload://uHlVsMrodxWY63p8yeJr6QCysKt.JPG)![](upload://dx6LSMvfSJJbacpvCSvA2ojMSDK.jpg)

Would certainly like to participate as we have a large property for sale which would suit one or more families to start a self-sufficiency project. I think James would need to set up a page link in the top menu for this to work.

Noticed that Anglo Info has just introduced a property section on their site.

Definitely keen to participate and agree donation would appropriate if sale generated through site.

Currently selling 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom village house in the Razes between Carcassonne and Limoux in the Aude for 125000 euros. Its a perfect holiday home with spectacular views of the mountains from the roof terrace!

Our village is one of the friendliest I've come across and commented on for this by many local Brits. The opening of a small bar/restaurant by two enterprising Belgians has really extended the social activity of the village. We currently have a art market 3 times a year as more than 8 artists live in the village (of just over 200 inhabitants) and invite other local artists to join them.

Happy to forward info/pictures if interested (got a bit challenged trying to load photos!).

Catharine - it occurs to me that actual "adverts" here will quickly disappear amongst all the other posts. Is there any way of somehow separating them from general "chat"?

Property / Business for Sale - between Montpellier and Beziers

Montblanc, Nr. Pezenas - www.lamaison-rose.fr - 04 67 76 03 37

We will now consider a seriously reduced price (well we don't have much choice). Previously marketed in excess of 500K, but our purchaser could not secure the appropriate finance. Due to time constraints - we lost three months with our previous buyer - and our distressed domestic circumstances, plus imminent bank repossession is now threatened.

Sympathetically modernised ex-maison de maitre with 9 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 reception rooms, large

kitchen diner, jacuzzi swimming pool with extensive terracing...and even a duplex appartment to finish to your personal taste(s) plus off street parking for up to 6 vehicles.

Since 2007 we have been operating as a Chambres d'Hotes guest house arranged as 3 family suites plus 3 double / twin beds with shared bathroom facilities. Full occupancy through the summer season has been consistently achieved producing revenues circa 35,000 euros - but we recognise that a lack of mid-season bookings has been our downfall.

Extensive viewings are welcome : Offers in excess €325,000 invited.

We have dozens of photos and favourable reviews too baulky to display here. If you do a Google search "La Maison Rose Montblanc" we will appear. I suggest you click-on the resultant, third down, 'booking.com' option since we used them extensively last seaason. Lots of further information will then be available to you.

To reply to Peter Scawen's concerns re day tripper "viewings", we have had about 6 of these in the UK to date, including one who took photographs everywhere, in the end re the latter, we contacted the agent who sent them to ask the to verify if they were genuine or potential theft preparation; they never returned agents' calls but as we have two very large great danes (kept away from visitors but barking and visible) plus an alarm system - unbeknown to them now disconnected - we were not too worried. The day trippers were the nuisance value. One even asked me where I house" indicating she was just that. If we have an enquiry through the agents, we now ask them to verify them as a buyer - they have a system. If they come directly, we now ask how soon can they complete; If they want to see the holding registration information; if they have sold their property and where they are coming from plus a telephone contact number (in theory in case we have to cancel), if they will not give us at least a contact number, then you can be sure they are day trippers. As we have a lot of caravan parks and holiday resorts near, we have had a lot of these calls from people staying at these looking for a day out. You cannot be too careful but basic questions should determine if they are serious. In one instance, we stopped a family with 4 children from entering as we knew that our house could not accommodate them in any configuration; It is not an ideal property for very young children and they had a babe in arms and a toddler - we have ancient stairs, a stream and master suite downstairs that would be impossible to hear a young child in one of the upstairs bedrooms from (and no other room downstairs suitable for a bedroom).... they were most indignant as they "were looking forward to a cuppa" cheek!

As a potential buyer who has found loads of information on SFN that is not available on any other site, we would love to see the addition of houses for sale and long term rent (prior to purchasing one /or A "try before buy"?). Looking for anywhere SW France 2-3 hectares house renovations to do/outbuildings + stream to €200,000. (Smallholding on market in Mid Wales).

Hi all

Allow me my cautious nature to express some concerns, even though I welcome the idea:

1) All of us who have sold property are familiar with "lets see other people's houses" phenomenon as a happy afternoon out. Not too disastrous save a waste of your time.

2) But if I was a burglar, what better way to size up your valuables, know what is worth stealing and where it is, etc. And very easy to try and make appointments to view and potentially for you to say "well I am out that day, but can you make ...."

Not sure what we can do about this but perhaps somebody has an idea how best to protect yourself.

Yes, Job was my father but....

Yes please - count us in! Our place is for sale privately (as well as being with agents) and so far our own efforts have brought more interest and visits than the estate agents.

Well for the moment at least we have decided to stay in France but will be eventually returning to UK due to elderly parents .
I would definitely be interested so count me in as sounds a great idea .

Please e mail cecilehuet55@live.fr if interested, have I done this ok? Am I allowed to do this ? A little confused :-)

House for sale, 200m2 live in area

4 bedrooms, 16m²

Large fully equipped kitchen

Large lounge and dining room

2 toilets / 2 bathrooms

It is possible to transform this home into 600²m live in area using the attics

+ includes an appartement 40²m F2, already rented and above garage

Heating Wood (insert) and new generation electricity, economic !!!

+ photovoltaique panels which give a little income

The house is in a small very calm village situated in the Ardennes France, close to schools, motorway Charleville – Reims, also close to Belgium borders

Price : 325 000€uros ono

Tel : 03 24 57 91 12

07 86 28 37 01

Definitely interested. We have had 10 very happy years here in Tarn but unfortunately we have to return to the Uk for Family reasons and are up for sale. If you can get something worked out on SFN, we will post info and pics.

Agree - donation per sale an excellent idea.

Definitely, a good idea..and a small donation per sale, to keep the site running well, would be preferable to paying agents ......

Excellent!

Can you actually swap property in France? I wouldn't mind swapping my house in the Lot for something a bit further North??