Survive France Property Shop chat

I think this is a marvellous idea, and can I suggest the site also somehow shows regions, as it's a big place! We've bought and sold a few here, privately and with agents, and I am happy to consider the idea of, if sold through SF, a token financial gesture from me would be donated to aid the running of the site.

Not ready to market here yet, and would have to cajole friends and rellies to help me master how to load up details, etc. Even the terms 'copy' and 'paste' have me running for cover :-) Particularly like the idea of an exchange section, tho' that will probably be the most challenging way to move, to match up two parties.

Please add houses for long term rent for would-be buyers - they are not easy to find without looking in "Bon Coin" or local papers!! Wish there was one central website for these; I know people want to get a decent income during the summer months, but if anyone is looking to buy, then they need at least a 6 - 12 month lease. Even if they find the house of their dreams, they may still need longer than they thought to complete the buying process, or make adaptations in comfort, rather than live in rubble!

Yes an excellent idea which we will use as and when.

Good point Sally. Once we've seen how much interest this section generates and what we need to include, we can then get something up that works better for everyone. Please keep your thoughts / comments and properties coming!

Perhaps this has highlighted one of the problems Catharine. You may need to have one section for property for sale or wanted and another for how you go about it, what to do etc… My plea for house wanted has now been lost amidst general discussion!

Gah, Janet, I'm sure someone on SFN is somewhere near you to give you hands-on instruction :)

Ok thank you Ian, sounds rather complicated to me, I’m a novice when it come to computers I’m afraid! Looks like I won’t be able to post my property on here after all!!

Oh yes, Catharine, Roger's pics are envy fuel :)

Personally I'd put them into the body of the message as Roger has done below (use the little photo icon in the bar above this box) as there is nothing like a bot of 'eye-candy' top attract a potential buyer...!

Janet, either you give the URL if they're on the web, or you scan them and then copy and paste them into the body of the message.

Doreen, great idea about the long/short term rentals (but excluding holiday lets so not overrun with adverts) - Joanne's already expressed her interest so it shows how useful that could be.

Hi, this is a great idea. I used to love the one on anglo info but would not pay the prices they now ask. We have a village house in the high Aude valley, Languedoc, which we are renovating. I will defiantly advertise it on here in the summer when complete.

(This is a "re-post" with a couple of pictures.)

My place is for sale. It's NOT a two-up/two-down. It's currently on the market via some agents - here is a sample of their "pitch"

http://www.green-acres.com/en/properties/691a-15145.htm

Am I being lazy not doing the write-up myself?? P.S. It would obviously be cheaper if the buyer comes to me directly - we have "sans exclusivite" agreements with the agents.

Our house is on the market at the moment and we are looking to move to France as soon as it sells. We are doing our homework and have been looking at it for a couple of years. We will have about 200 000 euros to spend on a house but we want to rent first - maybe up to one year. So I think rental properties would be a great idea. Even though I haven't contributed yet to the pages on here I do look every day and will no doubt start asking questions soon about certain experiences!

Sarah, Catherine is proposing this entirely free of charge, entirely (FOC).

So long as you have reasonable ad pricing. Anglo Info have changed their Property ads to a special property portal and now charge €100 per month for properties for sale and over that for 3 months for holiday/rentals. Considering the market here in France is so slow to move particularly for selling, I personally think €100 a month is a bit steep but maybe I am wrong. I have not sold a property in France yet but from what I gather you have to spend a few hundred every few months updating relevant selling documents don't you?

Wanted: looking for a property on the Deux Sevres/Vendee borders.
Must be in quiet area. Three beds minimum. Workshops/ outbuildings and up to one acre of land. Preferably no work required but don’t mind a little.
Have recently sold our house in Airvault so the money is in the bank waiting!
Max price €175000

Nick and Paul, what Nick is saying should be the case. However, my OH has had/seen agents with their hatchets out demanding commission when either she has handled a sale or people have sold themselves and politely told her and asked for advice. I believe she has said that there are mandates that do allow agents to get their commission irrespective, worth finding out probably.

a friend created their own web page to sell their property, it's and old advert and in pounds, the price today is 390,000€, good example of how to market a property?

http://www.dordogneproperty.net/?home

Paul, not usually. An agent should only receive commission for what they sell.