Survive France Property Shop chat

Roger - do you not still have to pay commission to the agent(s) even if you sell it privately ?

This was popular @cat shall we do it? New sub category in ā€˜for sale and wantedā€™?

Yes deffo!

Can you write some guidelines on how best to post please, we use them in the category header.

One post per property, price, region, links, description etc.

Tips etc?

Iā€™ll set up the category now

Are we letting agents in too? I think we should?

Yes letā€™s trial that too, maybe they can have a sub category each or Private Property Sales and Agency or something?

Hereā€™s the private property sales category

http://www.survivefrance.com/c/for-sale-or-wanted/property-sales

Can you move the existing properties to it please?

Ok it took us a while but we got there! Weā€™ve now got a Property section in the For Sale and Wanted topic. If your property is still for sale or if you are looking to buy please post your listing here;

http://www.survivefrance.com/t/about-the-property-for-sale-category/13572

This service is entirely FOC and is available to both private sellers AND agents. But please, only ONE property per post and donā€™t forget to include some images.
So if you havenā€™t sold yet, fingers crossed that this will help!
@Joanne_Blower @Jo_Blick @Liz_Prosser @David_Evans @vanessa @Clare_Jones @Greg_Hannaford @Roger_Bruton @Simon_Oliver @Val_Wineyard @Colin_Granville @Jackie_Bentley @heather_clark @Jessie_Mooy @barbara_deane1 @Brian_Milne @David_Best @Jane_Quaye_2 @jeanette_howard @ANNE_MARIE_HUET @Roger_Godsmark @Jan_Remy @Sally_Cox

After being here for the past 47+ years :roll_eyes: I have had to deal with a few estate agents. There are good and bad & I have a few stories of the ā€œbad ones.ā€ One way to keep them in trim & help us smile (itā€™s only a suggestion)ā€¦ would be to include a ā€œbad cornerā€ for those bad guysā€¦ Nothing like an accessible blog to expose and protect us all against the rogue estate agencies. Sharing a good laugh (itā€™s usually not such a funny story when it happens) With no bad language of course and nothing defamatoryā€¦ just blogging some past stories in a humorous way can be a relief and a warning to the bad b*ggrs.
Ok I now feel I should start with an example:
After agreeing to sell my house to an artist friend (who I didnā€™t know was looking for a place in the town) and while drinking a cup of coffee in her house, the door bell rang. It was the man from the estate agency Particulier to Particulier, where my property was for sale and I knew him well. With my back turned & my friend telling him that she had found her ideal property, he began to run down my property to get her back on his books. He didnā€™t succeed, and although I kept quiet and didnā€™t turn around, I nearly spat the coffee out on my friends table in shock.

1 Like