Survive ...whats next? Do you know how..? Plus ! Goble-de-Gook!

I think the “package” …abandonment of life as most people still know it…may well be a bad idea for many people. However, globally, there are experiments of every imaginable kind, now, taking off into some aspect of self sufficiency, that doesn’t mean jumping in any deep ends. Something for everyone, I would love to be able to fix enough solar power for LED lights and a tablet. My next project.

1 Like

Survival Nexting…Goble-de-Gook,
. @Peter_Goble @anon27586881 @vero @Helen6 @Anglozone
and all. This is cool Survival Games!!
. When no lights are allowed, or the power is down,
or when theres no www, no radio, only quiet voices and maybe paper and pencils etc!

1 Like

GMO! :scream:

Shit si nigog ot teg su nednab yb taC ro smeaJ! :thinking::frowning:

1 Like

These are genuine survival games, PeteG! They come naturally to all those who ever sat, sans Netflix, in the dark…in icy tenements, or subterranean concrete shelters, gas masks ready, waiting for the sound of the approaching flying bombs!! At least as good as war time cooking!
I could ask @cat, for approval or removal?!

1 Like

More SURVIVAL GAMES!

These Rohingya children finally have something to smile about.
They’ve witnessed extreme violence, fled from their homes and been robbed of their childhoods. But this UNICEF ‘child-friendly space’ is helping them feel safe and play together in peace. We’ve set up dozens of these spaces in Bangladesh and, with more than 350,000 children stuck in the chaos, we’ll keep working until every child has the chance to smile again.

3 Likes

LOL…! :grinning:

Maybe I should have said that the words silent and listen have the same vibrational frequency/energy…

Anyhow it works for me on days where any negative unproductive “self chattering” going on in my head starts getting on my nerves…brings me back to the present moment and keenly attuned to the birdsong and the wind in the trees and the rain on the conservatory roof…

I likewise feel the same way about the words Earth and Heart and how they too share the same vibrational frequency/energy…

They also share the words hear and ear and tear (cry) and tear (rip asunder or a tear through which other worlds/realms/shadow lands are glimpsed…) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m happy to say that today I nipped to the bricolage and bought a pack of 10 amp fuses and now full power to my home is restored…router and all…:grinning:

But…yes a solar powered method of charging a mobile phone or laptop or tablet is on my wish list…

I have (online) friends in Gaza and they often suffer many hours in a day with no electric…I saw one a journalist post a picture of his mobile phone charging on a car battery…

There are solar panel powered gadgets and power banks available…I’ve seen battery powered gadgets too that would charge a mobile phone…

Lots to think about…:grinning:

1 Like

Yes! So much to think on! I’m still thrilled to bits with my rocket stove, because my design is very easy for OAPs and anyone who has no interest or experience in making concrete things, or welding, or snipping tin cans!

I think I will take it to bits and reassemble it as a YouTube vid,
Amazon has heaps of solar chargers for phones etc, and larger solar panels, its all getting cheaper too!
You wrote about your house and land, a while ago, it all sounds so beautiful, your dogs, too.

1 Like

If you have the time and inclination, you could convert your splendid rocket stove into a small electric generator to charge phones etc. A commercial version is rather pricey –
https://www.monrechaud.com/rechaud-biolite-campstove-2-flexlite.html – but it relies on a Seebeck cell, which you can buy and which effectively generates electricity from heat. With a little but of research, it could be an answer to your small-scale power needs.

2 Likes

I love your rocket stove Jeanette…and the photos…:heart:

I think about you every day along with so many other members both past and present and I think if you didn’t post for a couple of weeks I’d be wanting to make sure that you were still ok…:slightly_smiling_face:

I imagine that your rocket stove would send out a good amount of heat too…??? Is it out in the open or sheltered somewhere…???

Yes I think I’ve mentioned before that my home is still very rough around the edges but perfect in my eyes…my Border Collies keep me sane and give me reasons every day to laugh out loud…they follow me everywhere…I can’t even go to the toilet without them waiting patiently at the bathroom door or coming into the bathroom if I’ve left the door open…:grinning:

Yes be sure to post the video if you decide to take it apart and reconstruct…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Fascinating…! Thanks Al…:slightly_smiling_face:

AL!!! @Al_Rogers
I’ve never heard of such a thing! But it looks like a VERY easy project to DIY!! There are lots of diy vids. Do you do this kind of stuff, yourself?
Thank you for that idea!
Heat you can create as required…looks so much easier, than trying to persuade The Sun to help out
… Still, got the book, MUST find a way to fire up my bike batteries, with solar power, too.

1 Like

Same as a thermopile found in stove top eco fans

2 Likes

Love it…! :grinning:

1 Like

@Helen6 ! Thank you! That’s a very kind thought! There are so few people who share my passion for DIY bodges!
There are millions of people who make things like rocket stoves, and do a much better job than I do, but if the thing works well, that seems like major triumph …for me…
Its not about having a good stove.
But an intrinsic/essential element of ESCAPE from control/subservience!
There was a bit of life, for me, when that thought was all that mattered.
Be dependent on nothing, and no one.
So many people are weighed down, with just ordinary living, because they accept the impositions, restrictions of an uncaring society. If I fight that on my own behalf …its like fighting for everybody!

2 Likes

Got zero clues SO FAR!about thermopiles!!
More googling in order…or eco stove top fans!!
Do you know about thermopile’s @Helen6 ?
And isn’t it thermophile?

Not a clue but I love Mark and his tattoos and his perspectives…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Helen6, will see his tats one day! I found thermopile!!!

1 Like

Yes, Helen, I thought it was interesting. There’s a surprising amount of energy going to waste all around us.

2 Likes

I used to dabble a bit but my projects are a lot more mundane these days.

2 Likes