Wonder if this has been done in the community before.
A Book Swap Club.
I'm an avid reader. I don't mind not owning books and lending mine, If they don't get sold afterwards :)
A nice bloke on this forum, Kit Wells, was incredibly nice to spontaneously offer sending me 2 books of france (something with 'a year in la merde'. I know its quite funny and I can't wait to read it lol).
It happens that he does not want the books back, just one desire: that I will lend them to someone else once I have finished reading them.
This brought me to the SwapTheBook idea.
I have a big list of PDF Books on my computer library, but reading on paper is quite another dimension. Don't hesitate to sent me a pm if your interested and I provide you with the list.
HOWEVER NEXT i'm throwing it in the arena of discussion and see if firstly this idea catches fire
Some suggestion to run a Book Club:
1.Each book would have a owner, the person lending the book to the club. Why? At some point he may want to retrieve the books or simply donate them to the swap club.
2. We would create a spreadsheet with the library, associated owner, the condition and who is currently reading it. There would be a time deadline (not to strict but a guideline so books don't get stuck).
3. People will request a book by lending their address. So it will be done in a "first come , first served" fashion.
4. Shipping cost is taken by the person sending the books. This is the easiest form as we don't want to have official accounts (unnecessary paper work to have it 'legal' when not needed).
5. Its entirely non-profit.
6. The stage and condition of the books would be always updated :) It requires very small work: some data-entry. Don't spill ta coffee :)
7. We could find 'donors' as there's plenty of people with loads of libraries that may want or need to donate their books.
8. People who have read the book can leave a rating and comment! :)
Now this are some basic suggestion. Keen to hear you on there about.
BOOK SWAP ANYONE?