Switching from Swiss to French health insurance

Hi there, does anyone have experience of switching from Swiss to French healthcare? If so, can you describe the process please. Many thanks.

@fabien is your go to place for advice.

1 Like

Iā€™m presuming your question is about changing from the Swiss LaMal to the French SeƧu? Not supplementary or top up insurance?

Are you frontalier, or living in a border region? As the CPAM offices in these areas are hugely familiar with swapping between the two systems.

If not I wonder if it is any different from anyone else arriving in France?

Thatā€™s right, itā€™s switching from the Swiss ā€˜standardā€™ LaMal to the French health SeƧu, not a top-up insurance.
We are frontaliers but what complicates it is that I intend to work for myself with a Micro Entreprise in France. Every time I speak to CPAM I get different answers. I was just wondering if someone on this forum had a personal experience to share.

Hi Berniemac

Now that weā€™ve clarified your questionā€¦

Please could you complete your Forum Registration with Full Name ie First and Last Nameā€¦ :wink: :thinking:

cheers

ā€œsĆ©cuā€ in France :wink: >If you set yourself up as an micro entrepreise then part of that will be registration and contributions to the sĆ©cu here in France. No problems if youā€™re salaried in Suisse, but if you own a company/are TNS then that bans you from being an auto entrepreneur (my case) :wink:

Done, Iā€™m a bit wary with some sites but see that Survival France is a reputable site.
Thanks.

Bernie

1 Like

Sorry, I didnā€™t get back to you on this. Iā€™m not salaired in Switzerland or in France because I havenā€™t worked yet. At the moment Iā€™m covered by my husbands Swiss policy but would like to know the process for switching and thel costs for me and maybe also my son. Iā€™ve tried asking Ursaff but they donā€™t answer this specific question. Ameli too just provide standard answers about the French sĆ©cu but no specifics. I havenā€™t contacted cpam yet, I can given them a go.