System update Jan '23?

I sort of understand windows 10 and the office suite from my working days but nor Android apps and particularly social media…SF being the only one I occasionally use.
The problem, and it’s only on my Samsing Tab A7 tablet with Android 12, is when I’m on the SF home page and i click to use the magnifier icon all I get is a blank page which covers the right hand side of the screen top to bottom with none of tge search options. I only really acess via this tablet.
I like to have the SF icon to use as a short cut on the (first) home page of my tablet which takes me onto the site via a google search…and it makes no difference if I’m using Chrome or not do this search.
Until recently the search options were fine as they continue to be on my galaxy phone and lap top where all the functionality options to search are still there.

Sorry, Ive no experience with the Samsung A7 tablet or the web browser it uses.
However, it may be something that @james can raise with the developers.

Admin panel says last updated 12 Jan

but not necessarily implemented on the SF instance until a few days ago when the issues came to light…

that would tie-in with the arrival of “coloured dots” on opening SF platform… for me… at least.

2 Likes

Given that’s on the SF admin panel I’d assume that’s the last time SF updated its Discourse version - which seems to tie in with Stella’s comment above.

I didn’t note the change until the 18th when I started this topic :thinking: and I log in to SF multiple times a day as you know.

1 Like

Using my computer… I “open” several sites on my Bookmark Bar… at the same time… then go into whichever one takes my initial fancy… first thing in the morning it’s usually the Bank Account, but if that’s taking its time… I might click onto Meteo or SF…
Often, by the time I click onto SF… it’s opened itself-up… but if I click on while its just beginning… the dots (nowadays) appear…

However, it’s no big thing for me… and not worth worrying about changing anything on account of coloured dots… which move gently to show the screen is at least doing something and not just “hanging”…

Local cache??

Hi

Sorry for delayed reply, very busy finishing a project at the moment! Do you have server side issue I need to address?

j

I think @strudball still has one with his Samsung tablet and access to the search icon and user card similar to the one I reported (since worked round).

1 Like

btw we are running on the latest stable software version 3.0

1 Like

I see that chat has been re-instated (presumably by default). That was tried out here some time ago and was dropped in the end since no-one seemed bothered about it.
Seems some of the other new features haven’t been implemented on this instance too like user status and the sidebar features.
Perhaps you’ll get rounbd to those if you see them as necessary.

@james …below is a commen i posted earlier and maybe you can help. All was fine until a few days ago but as of now the narrative boxes for the search option at the top has completely disappeared.

I sort of understand windows 10 and the office suite from my working days but nor Android apps and particularly social media…SF being the only one I occasionally use.
The problem, and it’s only on my Samsing Tab A7 tablet with Android 12, is when I’m on the SF home page and i click to use the magnifier icon all I get is a blank page which covers the right hand side of the screen top to bottom with none of tge search options. I only really acess via this tablet.
I like to have the SF icon to use as a short cut on the (first) home page of my tablet which takes me onto the site via a google search…and it makes no difference if I’m using Chrome or not do this search.
Until recently the search options were fine as they continue to be on my galaxy phone and lap top where all the functionality options to search are still there.

I can’t replicate this as I don’t have any android devices, is anyone else having similar issues on android?

I’ve enabled user status and chat for now. Sidebar might have to wait a while!

1 Like

I’m using a Samsung tablet for SF and dont have any problems

I see the changes which have resulted in the loss of the usual access to the user card and other options again as outlined earlier up the topic on clicking the user icon:

A fundamental truth.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve been there, done that John :wink:

1 Like