Taking on a property with a caretaker who you don't need...help!

In my experience on this forum. … it helps to presume that most (if not all) folk have a dry sense of humour… or a rollicking sense of humour… or whatever… :rofl: and to read their posts with that in mind…

If we’re allowed to have an opinion I believe that Edward wrote exactly what he meant to say demonstrating a good use of English. Bob tried to make a weak joke and ended up sounding rude. Lambs to the cleaners is a great metaphor.

2 Likes

No Edward, this was a mild stab at humour (if we can call it that)
No reflection, or criticism of your use of english.
I apologise if this has caused any offence

1 Like

Thanks Bob, sorry if I was a bit quick to react.
Hope Martin finds his perfect property here in France, love living here but have experienced the bureaucracy while selling and buying property.

Hi Edward
I only recently joined SF (compared to you) but you should have seen some of the comments made about me when I first started posting. :grinning:

Thank heavens you haven’t seen the more recent ones! (smiley if only I could, possibly even with a tongue sticking out)

1 Like

Edward, I should have added… (the above post is a good example) that they will soon get used to you and vice versa …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

:grin::rofl: … be fair… you were just a little odd/different … at the beginning. :wink:

1 Like

Only because as a Newbie I knew my way around this forum, but that is because I am a regular member on the Discourse forum itself and have been posting on another for 3 years with the same format.
As for what I posted in the beginning, my activity is there for all to see (by clicking on my avatar and then activity) I haven’t changed the way I post.

You knew your place… :crazy_face:

1 Like

You could say that! :rofl:

:rofl: You changed your name… :relaxed:

That’s true - but I still managed to keep Anglozone. :wink:
AFK :european_post_office:

Hi Stella,

Truthfully we sat down and considered our options and we have decided to look at other properties.

The Caretakers family has been there since birth and her parents were the former Caretakers, we observed that the owner felt obligated to keep their daughter accommodated and looking from a legal perspective the French authorities would be in favour of the lady remaining due to this old bylaw still remaining in force.

The French regard this form of kindness in high regard.

So we can’t really make her leave.
.We may review this should we not find something else.

Hi Martin and thanks for bringing us up to date.

Obviously, if there is some bylaw which covers the Caretaker situation… you are making a wise choice to step aside.

France has the most amazing properties, a rich history and superb areas… take a deep breath, clear your minds and start looking again …

best of luck :relaxed:

1 Like

I think Martin has made a wise decision. Right from the start of this thread I was reminded of Jeanne Calment who lived to 122. This is an extract from Wiki …
" In 1965, aged 90 and with no heirs left, Calment signed a life estate contract on her apartment with notary public André-François Raffray, selling the property in exchange for a right of occupancy and a monthly revenue of 2,500 francs (€380) until her death. Raffray died in 1995, by which time Calment had received more than double the apartment’s value from him, and his family had to continue making payments"

2 Likes