Tax consultant reccommendations?

Good morning could anyone recommend a tax consultant that could support with the process of becoming a tax resident in France?
Thank you in advance

Make an appointment with your local tax office and they will walk you through the process.
Go to Accueil | impots.gouv.fr thethird box on the top right hand corner of the page takes you to where you can make an appointment.

1 Like

Does one mean a financial advice consultant, or a tax accountant to do the tax return? (the latter which most people seem to do without).

For financial advice -

France Property has good detailed guides on all main elements of finance and moving implications.

Blevins Franks also has a good set of guides and are consultants - consultants have suggested to me a minimum of 250K capital to invest to take on a client.

For how to fill in a tax form, plenty of sources and guides on SF, including Graham’s guide and other’s guides posted - as well as the Impot’s own guides.

Google search everything - but appreciate not all is answered and maybe not all correctly, so try to get several sources…

Hi Gaby
I have been using an English-speaking French tax accountant for several years now he is not bad.
At least we get our taxes done on time.
Hi name is Frank Van Eig - +33 675 0345 23
Let him know that I passed on to you his name.
Let me know if you have any success.
Cheers
Peter

Just wondering Peter whether your tax accountant is happy to have his mobile phone number plastered all over the internet? This is a public forum. Might be better to send @Gaby a PM with the phone number?

1 Like

thank you Peter

Should that be thank you Frank Van Eig? :slight_smile:

yes it is Frank

Hi Sue - what does PM stand for ?

Private message. Click on an avatar and you get a drop down menu with a blue box with “message” in it. Click on the blue box which opens up a page where you type your message in a box but it only goes to the person whose avatar you have clicked. I’ve just sent you a PM.

Hi Sue
Many thanks for that - what is the downside, when I posted my email and phone number - any repercussions ??

This is an open forum. Anyone, anywhere round the world can access our details and there are bots all the time hoovering up personal information. The most likely downside is that you are scammed or you see an increase in the number of nuisance calls or emails.