Tax d'Habitation -I'm confused

You may already have checked out other Threads on taxes… if not the link is below…

Quite probably/possibly your Bill is delayed… this often happens with New Owners (dossiers to open, figures to check, etc etc) … if you like to go to your local Tresor Publique… and ask them… “where are my bills?”

If you don’t ask them… it could be seen as “your fault”… and you risk a fine for late payment… :thinking::hushed:

I agree with Stella - our 1st TF and TdH were a bit late (even accounting for the fact that 2nd home ones are sent out after residents) - when I emailed the tressor they just said “wait, it will be sent out” but if you don’t chaase and it has slipped through the cracks they probably won’t give you much leeway.

The local office is not open today, IIRC they only open in the morning on Fridays, afternoons are Monday and Wednesday only.

I have sent an email to the ofice of Fimace Publiques in the prefecture though. It is over an hour’s drive away, we may go there later.

I did wonder if there had been any communication by secure message at impots.gouv.fr but can’t log on there. I have not yet created an online account, and to do so requires a “numero d’acces en ligne”, according to my last avis d’impot that wil be on my declaration. We went into the office to declare tax for 2017 ( our first declaration) , so I am guessing that we do not yet have online access yet.

I used to work in IT, and am astudned at how badly these governmnet It systems have been implemented. It seems they do exactly what someone asked them to do, but any scenario outside of that brief is managed pooly, if at all. Iwoul dnever have allowed any of my developers to release code like that for testing, let alone actually go live with it!

Martin… if you have received an “income tax bill” Avis d’Impots sur la Revenue… you will have the necessary number to open an account with impots.gouv.fr

You will find your Numero fiscal on the front page … lefthand box… at the top… you’ll need that to create your personal space…

We too are trying to get access to the tax site. And like you, Martin, we do not have a “numero d’acces en ligne”, which is supposedly on the paperwork. It isn’t.

Does anyone know how you get a numero d’acces en ligne?

My other half is grateful to hear she isn’t the only person who thinks access to and layout of, the government sites is appalling. :slight_smile:

We paid both our taxe foncière and d’habitation at the office by cheque. They certainly didn’t seem to mind.
We still haven’t had a bill for d’habitation, but they knew what we owed.

Dave ,

Please bear with me… I have suddenly found a numero d’acces on my previous Avis… 2016 and also 2017…

Have you done a Declaration on line already… ??

@des10e @Magwych

Hi Dave…and Martin… I’ve just located the pre-printed “Declaration Préremplie” received a couple of years ago… (before I went in-line) and it gives lots of figures right at the bottom of the page…

and “No. Télédéclarant” is the first one…

Very small print… so I needed to put my glasses on to find it…but … yippee

I’d suggest you check that the bills weren’t sent to your English home, which is often the case, as that’s the address often sent to the tax office and authorities when the notaire records the sale. Has happened to many Brits over here, waiting for bills, whilst a confused new owner in the UK thinks" well I’m not forwarding this to France at my expensive" and bins the bill …

1 Like

We pay RSI, d’habitation and fonciere online. This is for CFE which we haven’t paid online before but we will now start scanning the bottom of all our paperwork in a search for it. Our accountant normally makes the declarations for income tax.

Will let you know if we discover it.

Dave… if you pay some bills online… don’t you do that through “your own space” already then… ?? or are you doing transfers…

Aha… if he is receiving the pre-printed tax stuff… rather than you…then you won’t find it… drat.

The access details we have for paying RSI, which is the “net enterprises” site, don’t let us in to the impot account for CFE.

We have emailed the accountant to give us the details. He needs to do some work for the amount we pay him! :slight_smile:

Absolutely… make him earn his crust… is your life so complicated that you cannot do your own accounts… ??

Stella - we havent received our Tax d’Habitation bill by post to UK yet.

Do you think it is possible to log on to the website using details from last year to see the amounts for this year? Our neighbour did not get his bill last year so did not pay it, and then got a penalty, so I am keen to avoid this.

If I paid through their website last year confirming my bank details have I therefore set up a direct debit so that this year bill would be paid automatically?

Thanks

It all stems from when we came over in 2015. We started using him as we had no idea what was happening and how the taxation worked here. We are possibly changing from auto-e’s to a Sarl shortly so we will probably need one then, although then the taxation will be much more like I’m used to in the UK.

I’m no expert on Taxation… although in another life Accounts held no mystery for me… :wink: :wink:

I suspect that Sarl has to have an Accountant as it is “higher up the scale of things” ?? or am I mistaken…

When we bought the house we had left the UK, staying with family here. Both the Compromis and Acte de Vente have the family address in France. They are not far from here, we regularly see them and they would have mentioned any post.
Our Finance Publique office has responded saying that because this was our first year we will not yet have online access. They did not reply to my questions about Taxe d’Habitation. I must remember to only ask one question at a time!

1 Like

Yes, best to keep each communication brief… and to the point… and definitely one point per email… :roll_eyes::relaxed::relaxed:

@Magwych It’s shown on the pre-filled in forms for the following year’s tax - which you won’t have yet if it’s the first year you sent in a declaration. Mine is not on my avis. The tax office might give you it if you ask.