Tax on French Rental Property

Me too!

1 Like

Thereā€™s a good Taxe de SĆ©jour tarifs by commune site here:

http://taxesejour.impots.gouv.fr/DTS_WEB/UK/

Ashley Iā€™d ask your booking platform for confirmation theyā€™ve handed over the TdS on your behalf - then you can provide it to your local tax office / mairie / tourist office. Althoughā€¦I thought the main booking platforms only started collecting as from 01 Jan 2019ā€¦

Hi Simon, thanks as a first port of call. I am going to check that the booking agents are collecting and paying out the TDS.

simonflys
Simon Armstrong
Respected

February 25

AshleyClarke:
However, as far as Iā€™m aware this has already been dealt with by the booking company.

Ashley Iā€™d ask your booking platform for confirmation theyā€™ve handed over the TdS on your behalf - then you can provide it to your local tax office / mairie / tourist office. Althoughā€¦I thought the main booking platforms only started collecting as from 01 Jan 2019ā€¦

Iā€™m not sure all the booking platforms are setup to collect the TdS as yet, HomeAway seem to be but I know of others that arenā€™t, is the money passed to the owner with the onus on him/her to declare and hand it over to the impots?

HomeAway and AirBnb both collect and settle (with the fisc) TDS as do Booking.com if they handle your payments.

Thereā€™s the thing Simon, with many sites simply advertising portals who donā€™t handle the bookings/payments it will still be down to the owner to register, collect the TdS and pass it over, I guess the fisc has to start somewhere though. We encourage our rental clients to comply with the rules but the majority donā€™t sadly.

Yep - I have direct bookings and those via sites who donā€™t collect TdS - no problem though I just collect from the clients, declare and settle direct with my local tax office every 4 months. I give them a pretty little Tourisme AriĆØge receipt which thanks them for supporting local tourism initiatives - although Iā€™m never quite sure where the TdS bunce goesā€¦into the big melting pot of taxes I assume :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(woops - just read that back and it sounds cynicalā€¦)

These are the 2 organisations that I currently use, so that is good to have that confirmed.

1 Like

@anon87147852 airbnb donā€™t collect all over France, just certain places. I guess places where there are enough airbnbā€™ers to make it worth their while. So still need to check.

Yes thatā€™s right - you can check if your property/ies is covered on their site. I guess there must be enough airbnbā€™ers in small Pyreneen villages to make it worth their while! :slight_smile: Iā€™m one of 2 in my village but there you goā€¦