Tax return late submission

welcome to remarkable France!

This is another huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been kind and supportive. I went to the impots yesterday, the lady filled the tax return in for me, told me in no uncertain terms that I was declaring from January 1st, and sent me on my merry way. I had a sack load of paperwork and she was interested in none of it. I am now the proud owner of the last bit of documents to send to CPAM and who knows, I might even have a CV at the end of it all. So thanks again, you are all my lifeline.

5 Likes

I am so glad you went… and that it turned out OK.

Well done !!

I am not one to dodge a challenge or procrastinate. Life taught me early that it’s easier to face it head on. The system doesn’t go away and life is easier when one is in it. I think🙃

1 Like

And you can confirm that the Tax Folk are NOT ogres… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So pleased that’s another hurdle overcome…And sorry we encouraged you to take every scrap of paper, but had you not it might have been asked for. I’ve found that sometimes the mere fact that I’m clutching my huge dossier reassures people of my bona fides so they never ask to see inside it.

3 Likes

in case it just happens to open Pandora’s box :grinning:

3 Likes

:rofl:indeed!!! I was reported by a former wife… years ago in the UK… allegedly earning a fortune and not declaring any of it. So the tax man cometh, mrs. Minton has 12 arch lever files ready on the dining table as well as plates and cups and fresh from the oven scones… We had a lovely time talking about horses and dogs. After 30 minutes the bodyguard knocked on the door to see if I had shot the tax inspector and so we put the kettle on again. I was insisting that he would look at it but he said that people in old Micras don’t defraud HMRC. I tried to explain that as a guest in his country I would not consider it acceptable anyway. He nearly fell off his perch! He asked Paul if I was taking the piss, so then Paul had to try to explain to him that I still considered myself as a guest after 20 odd years. I will however not take the Home Secretary’ name in vain, nor the PMs. How times have changed. After 35 years of integrity I had to ask for permission to be in my own home. I’m german. Echoes of the past. Now also sporting a blue passport. Self protection.

1 Like