Taxe d'Habitation/Audiovisuel - change in exemptions?

The audiovisuel bill is for 139,00, and the Taxe d’Hab is 148,00.

1 Like

When I used to pay I always paid online via the gouv.fr App. I don’t think I ever had to write in the amount to be paid, it was always there automatically. I could go online anytime to check all of my tax bills both paid and waiting to be paid. Are you able to do that? If it’s genuine it will show up on your online account.

This is the link impots.gouv.fr
If you haven’t an account it’s easy to set up.

I have just checked online, and my Taxe d’Hab is for 0 euros.

This does definitely seem like a scam, as opposed to a computer error. An elaborate one, because the envelopes are indistinguishable from the genuine window envelopes, all the text on the double-page bills is identical to the reference numbers on the on-line Tax demands EXCEPT for one number which is different.

The one thing that looks odd is the Qcode. It isn’t like any I have seen previously. I’ll take a photo and post it so you can see. Obviously I’m not going to scan it. :grin:

I’m thinking that if this is a scam which is what it seems to be , the way it would work would only be if somebody paid the bills by Smartphone, flashing the Qcode, which would send the payment to the scammers bank. If paid by any other means, by cheque, TIP or cash at the local tax office, the amount would be returned.

Take it to your Tax Office, if it is a scam (& probably is, if not on the impots web site) they can then report it to the authorities.

I shall be doing that.

Here’s an image showing the documents and one of the envelopes, and another showing the Qcode.

Apart from the odd Qcode, the only other thing is that the quality of the envelope feels slightly cheap, not like the usual quality of Finances Pupbliques envelopes.

Susie Kelly

11m

I shall be doing that.
Yes I would too.
& If I was you I’d take the photos of the forms off the site as it has your address you never know who’s watching?

Considering how all our information, references, numbers are correct, I am wondering how whoever is doing this has access to all this information.

I don’t think it shows our address does it? Only the address of our local tax office as far as I can see, because I deliberately covered our details before I photographed them. Or have I missed something?

Deleted post re. return envelopes, as I found them under a heap of other paperwork.

If you post a decent (camera square on to the page) high res image of the QR code I’ll see if I can decode it.

Is this any good? q

Well, it’s a datamatrix code which is why it looks a bit different to a QR code

The image above is still a bit low res and blurry but seems to just contain some numbers - which is slightly odd, I don’t have a recent bill with a code - ours have just a blank space in the bit where you are invited to scan the code as I have payment by DD set up. Our old bills have a much smaller code - just the equivalent of one of the 4x4 blocks above.

I note, however, that you are still invited to scan it using the impôts app - so it can’t whisk you to a random URL and must be in a form the government app understands. Maybe one of the numbers is the destination RIB or account number - the strings of digits are long enough but nothing has the telltale FR76 - not that means much as you could strip that out.

So, if it is a scam I am not sure how it works - presumably the individual tax references are correct which makes it truly odd (how would a random scammer get hold of those).

What looks very unusual to me is that you have 2 bills. Every bill that I have ever had for Taxe d’Habitation includes the Audiovisuel contribution on the same bill.
Definitely a scam I reckon.

Interesting, reading my way through this thread…

Personally, I would pop to the Tax people and ask them what is going on… for what reason are you now being Billed (that is certainly needing to be queried, anyway).

I never use those Qcodes, but that is just me…

As I understand it it’s a second bill not one bill for TdH and another for AV. The second bill is a demand for both TdH and AV as normal.

If they were being billed that information would appear online. In this case it does not. It is either a scam or an error so as you say a visit to the tax people is the only option.

1 Like

Definitely need to go to the tax office. If it’s a scam they need to be made aware so they can put out an alert and have it investigated (the French government has a special service to investigate cybercrime, they take it very seriously). If it’s not a scam the tax people need to investigate why these bills don’t show on your online account. I don’t see how it would be possible for the computer to contradict itself like this. On that basis my guess would be Scam.

Here is a link to the official template of the form. Clearly yours is different but for the taxe d’hab does it show the correct calculation on page 4? Is the text about payment etc the same?

You can play at “spot the differences”, have fun!

Yep… sorry that I’m repeating what you said… it is in case some folk are not actually using online yet and they will/might be reading this thread later on… :thinking: :wink:

Well, that makes the task of anyone trying to produce a fake form easier!!

1 Like