Term time tenants

Hi, this is my first post!
This maybe wishful thinking but has anyone ever managed to find a term-time or off season tenant? we had the perfect set up for years, a tenant who was prepared to move out when we needed the house during the summer. However he’s moved on. I was wondering about teachers and whether they ever needed a term time set up?
Anyone had any luck with this? Thanks

1 Like

Hello Miranda and Welcome to the Forum…

Hopefully someone will chime in with some ideas/info…

Just a thought… how about asking at the School and the Mairie… both might prove useful contacts.

1 Like

Great idea. Thanks Stella

Hi, where are you based? When you say term time do you mean you want the tennant to move out for all school holidays?
Kerry

Better late than never! Sorry for taking ages to reply. We’ve had a terrible few months with the house (new roof! gulp).
Yes, I know it sounds really unlikely but we’d love a tenant who left the property during the school hols. Wishful thinking, maybe.

Oh, we’re near Le Vigan in the Cevennes.

Miranda… if you ask at your Mairie… maybe the local school/college have staff who “go home” in the holidays (or part of)… a long shot… but the Mairie generally gets to hear about who is searching for what…so you’ve nothing to lose by asking…