Thank you Total

Just bought deisel from our local Total garage.

Sign said 1.64 a litre.

When I checked the receipt I had been charged 1.56.

Every little helps

Andy

1 Like

Ours was €1,50 normal diesel or €1,58 excellium diesel

Gosh I’m going to have to do the trek to total ibce I’m over the plague. SO much cheaper and if they can afford to give the 20c extra then the others can too!

Think I heard somewhere, that they are doing this to avoid additional taxation.

Oh not to be nice then :rofl:

The government suggested that Total ‘might’ make a 30 cents per litre contribution.

Queues outside our nearest Total are huge.

And ours limits you to 40€-worth!

But grateful all the same for straight dealing.

Other garages aren’t happy with Total undercutting them. I don’t have one too local, but do fill up from time to time, but often they’re out of fuel as there’s too much demand. At the moment diesel is 1.502 which is considerably cheaper than the supermarket fuel stations.

It would be interesting to know if the supermarkets bought there stock from total refineries.

1 Like

Leclerc and Super U buy most of their fuel from Total, and they are very unhappy that they are not receiving the 30 centimes reduction so that they can pass it on to their customers.
Leclerc and Super U buy their fuel together, so that they can get a better price.

That doesn’t seem fair!

Our local Total garage was out of petrol for 3 or 4 days. I got some just before that at 1 .43 euros/ litre. It’s now about 1.63 but maybe a further discount when paying.

The likes of total and other oil companies have been taking the piss recently though ,for more then six weeks the price of a barrel of crude has been under 100 dollars a barrel but the price at the pump has remained as if the barrel was 120 dollars.Totals gesture is no more or less then the price it should be.

It’s refinery input prices that matter. The delay between refinery input and forecourt is normally about 4 to 5 days, but it can vary a lot, depending upon the country and where the refineries are. The crude oil prices that you see are for forward contract, usually in the 4 to 6 week period. So, the price you see now reflects the crude oil prices around five to seven weeks ago or maybe more. So, we should be expecting a reduction any time now … or not.
Don’t hold your breath though.

1 Like

But when crude prices go up, forecourt prices immediately rise…

1 Like

The answer to that is that forecourt petrol prices actually do track crude oil prices quite closely, in France at least. Here are historical prices for forecourt petrol prices and crude oil (basket) in France

The match isn’t perfect, but the trend matches quite closely. The crude prices are more volatile.

Edit: You’ll notice there is generally a couple of weeks lag in the forecourt prices. There is also a large dip when the 30p reduction came into force.