Well it's up for sale. I've got mixed emotions. I want to sell so we can move on and start the serious work on our next place but I love our home, I love our roof terrace and I don't want to move out. I'm now in that weird place where you are waiting for news. I hope it doesn't come this side of Christmas as I really want one last Christmas in our home with all 3 girls. But on the other hand if it does sell, then the money in the bank means we can crack on with our next renovation...which is the big plan for the future.
Christmas isn't the only concern, when we move out there is the question of where we go next?
Obvious solution is to rent somewhere in our village - there are a few small places up for rent which we could squeeze in for 12m (likely timeframe of renovation) or as my dear husband suggested this week "we could buy a mobile home and live in that on site". We joked about this before we set out on this project and I thought my message was loud and clear...not on your nelly. Clearly not...as this week he had me looking up second hand static caravans! Can you imagine squeezing my 3 girls into a mobile home. Princess Jasmine hates anything that moves - flies, spiders, worms....so it would be constant screaming from her. Izzy is completely messy and would bring tonnes of mud in off the site and Maisy well she'd just be up to her little crawling knees in it. No...that is one idea I won't entertain.
So for now I will sit back and wait - I'm in no rush, people tell me French houses can take years to sell...I'm happy with that...oh and we have a whole lot of planning ahead. Roll on Christmas xxx