The Benefits of Vaccination (with thread drift...)

I’m interested to know why you think that is wrong. I am no fan of Facebook, but surely, since this forum is in the public domain, anything said here is available to all and sundry to read. And if a post from SF is then linked to Facebook it could be anyone doing it. And if so, so what?

I could be wrong but Facebook is a bit of an echo chamber. Posting here and then reposting may reach a new audience.

Yes everyone needs to make their own mind up etc etc but if skewed views are more and more prevalent
then it risks them having more validity than maybe they should.

Call me a despot but why accept alternative views if they aren’t backed up by evidence. That doesn’t mean all alternative views are wrong of course…

3 Likes

I think you are right Marijke, there are those who just get their information on social media and who do not bother to investigate any further.
These are vulnerable people and I really wouldn’t wish anyone to come to harm because of these posts.

2 Likes
1 Like

Mercola is mentioned in some of the posts here as being beneficial.
I hope your post is read by those who have posted.

I read it.
Historically I am a fan of Mercola. I just ignore some of the more fringe-y things on the site.

He’s been a “canary” warning accurately. Several times I’ve seen over the years about pharma dominance and corruption (worse in the US) putting dangerous drugs into the system and narrowmindedness if traditional medicine and is excellent on the nutritional side most of the time(again, more needed in the US). Vioxx is one early warning from him I remember he was about 5 years ahead of the mainstream.

He’s absolutely correct about the importance of defensive vitamins and minerals for lots of conditions. Such as reinforcing Vitamin D a lack of which seems to worsen vulnerability to all sorts of things. He was well ahead of the mainstream on that.

But as another poster stated on SF we haven’t got time to build up resistance to Covid nor do many other things thar could help. Vaccination is the only thing we have and we have to vaccinate as many as possible as soon as we can to try and stop the spread and more importantly reduce the available sink for variants to form. Including some that could develop to render any vaccine that’s previously been taken, useless.

I absolutely agree with Helen that we will definitely find negatives caused by vaccines at least to some people maybe more.

But it’s about balancing the risk and the great majority refusing the vaccine appear unable to accept the proof in reduced hospitalisations and deaths across the world and I hate to say it due to selfishness or stupidity.

I expect to have problems (I have a slight worsening in something and no other reason possible except the vaccine) and am pretty much anti-vaxx but I would be mad or selfish not to have had the vaccine for the sake of everyone. I will be having boosters when available too.

So on this one Mercola is right direction but insufficient and we have no time for prophylactic therapies or alternative therapies as we haven’t got time for these to work.

2 Likes

I consider Mercola to have been HIGHLY beneficial over many years. He has a wealth of valid information about complementary therapies, nutrition and so on.

Me too. As Karen says he has been flagging for years the appalling behaviour of the US pharma industry and how they try to shut down any therapy / remedy which would be beneficial but is not patentable.

I think the mistake he (and others) are making is to be negative towards the pharma solution to COVID. He does not need to say anything. All he needs to do is emphasise the huge benefits to our immune systems of wise supplementation and a healthy diet. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I have friends who are doing exactly that. No-one’s talking about shutting my friends down (thank heavens) but they also are not attacking the pharma industry. They leave people to make up their own minds.

And yes, I do know something about the US pharma industry having consulted to them. Their wealth is immense and their lobbying power is immense. They are also one of the industries that pay their employees and consultants excessively well - like the tobacco industry - because in order to continue to work for them you have to leave your principles at the door. People find that easier to do when they are paid a lot! If you want to understand the pharma industry’s moral framework read John Lecarre’s The Constant Gardener
PS: I hasten to add I took on the project for a sick colleague, saw what the industry was like, flew to the US, did the presentation and afterwards handed back the project with relief, hopefully with most of my principles still in place!

2 Likes

@SuePJ I wrote off the American attempts against Mercola as the money interests in keeping USA unhealthy and corrupted powerholders and influencers manipulated by pharma, using this opportunity to try to kill off Mercola generally.

1 Like

I really don’t know what you mean…???

My Facebook feed is mostly full of adverts and it’s not where I go to look for information…as I said I only really maintain a presence there now to post from Children’s Health Defence and The Highwire and ICAN ( and yes Mercola)

Really Helen, You must know that anything you post on here can be seen on Facebook.

The elderly lady was being looked after by carers but was otherwise doing well and her sudden demise was unanticipated so there is an inevitable supposition that she was about to die anyway…

The relatively young one with constant headache and severe menstrual haemorrhaging is severely debilitating to her…going from regular and normal/light to hardly being able to leave the house to work is having a bad effect on her mentally as well as physically…she has been to her doctor and asked if it could have been the vaccine but was told no…

OFFS, says it all really, Robert F. Kennedy Jr, Del Matthew Bigtree and Andrew Wakefield, this is where your “factual information” you put up links to comes from :face_with_raised_eyebrow::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::nauseated_face:.
Just so folks know who we are dealing with here are some links😳, but as far as your concerned it’s all lies and they tell the truth for the common good of all mankind, not to line their pockets from the gullible with their fearmongering.
Nothing I or anyone else says will make any difference to someone who believes and has been taken in by the Muppets above.

It holds no weight for me personally because I have witnessed how Wikipedia do rewrites and anyone can do it…

I have also witnessed VAERS being altered in real time as proven by way back…

Robert F Kennedy Junior of Children’s Health defence is not only about vaccines…they also try to hold Monsanto and the pesticides on our food and in our environment to account…all their articles are fully referenced…

Edited to add that by naming RFK jr as one of the 12 is having a real time knock on effect of people who have never even heard of Children’s Health Defence searching for him and joining up in droves…

I’m surprised that Del wasn’t one of the 12…! :grinning:

But but but Pfizer products are always safe and effective right…???

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/pfizer-issues-voluntary-nationwide-recall-twelve-lots-chantixr-varenicline-tablets-due-n-nitroso

And Johnson and Johnson…

And I wonder…:thinking:

Who can forget the Swine Flu…???

Who has said this? I’m pretty sure you are the only one ironically. This is nothing but a distraction technique. Very few people I know think that the pharmaceutical industry is anything other than disgusting at times, they’ve done some terrible things over the years, but they’ve also done some incredible things that have improved people’s lives in ways we could have never imagined a couple of hundred years ago. When you do do things like this you just embarrass yourself and lose all credibility to your argument because anyone with an ounce of sense knows that the discussion around the pharmaceutical industry is far more complicated and nuanced.

I once visited, out of morbid curiosity, a museum on Sunset Boulevard called ‘Psychiatry, an industry of death’, it’s a bizarre place run by a front group of Scientology that exists because L. Ron Hubbard sent dianetics to the APA and they trashed it and called him a charlatan and from that moment on he waged war with psychiatry and ‘big pharma’ who he said acted in a cabal to destroy humanity. I digress, but there were many things mentioned that were actually spot on, gruesome true tales of them forcing people to have lobotomies of years ago, right up to the current over prescription of Ritalin to children the prescribed opioid crisis in America today. But the fact that they made some very valid points didn’t take away that when looked at as a whole is was the insane ravings of a life destroying cult full of falsehoods and insanity. As with almost all cults including antivax they were unable to just present the facts and let people decide, they had to frame everything in a false way, hype everything up using ridiculous OTT language, see evil intent in every event or action, and just generally present everything as a battle against good and evil. Ultimately it’s why the argument never gets mass adoption because people see through it as the cobblers it is, even if at the core there are some good facts and assumptions amongst all the lunacy. It was at the core of Q anon, it was at the core of Anti Vax, it was at the core of every single cultic movement in recent times. It’s so interesting to me to see these exact same tactics that were used by religious high control groups for decades being transferred to secular groups, although given the amount of crossover between those groups and evangelical Christianity in the US, it makes sense I guess.

1 Like

Kirstea I always read your posts with interest as you spoke earlier of JWs (not only them of course) correct me if I’m wrong…

A far off friend of a friend who is JW and I hasten to add a real gentle soul who is really struggling at the minute and praying that she gets taken now before the “apocalypse”…my daughter and I are doing our best to console her and saying that EVERY ONE of us is essential

Anyone remember Robert Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne and Chappaquiddick

Getting back on track:

As far as I can see… the benefit of anti-covid vaccination is… if you survive the actual vaccination itself, you will have the best chance of living longer than if you don’t get the vaccine.

3 Likes

I guess we will never agree on “anti vax” being labelled as a cult as the most vocal anti Vax today (and historically) were once the most pro vax…and this will continue once more whilst covid 19 vaccine injuries and death are not acknowledged and taken seriously…

We have a situation at present where scientists doctors and molecular biologists and epidemiologists etc are talking to an empty room and political commentators are providing medical advice