The biting season is back

I’m getting eaten a live now

Does wine work, also?

That’s to keep flies out of your eyes. In the Oz outback, eyes must be one of the very few sources of liquid for them.

We have the same tiger mosquitos here in France, which transmit all the same appalling diseases.
There was a programme on World Service last night which said that they are called container mossies.
They like very hot weather and lay their eggs in shallow water, which is why it is imperative that after a rain storm you go round and empty any bucket or other receptacle containing water.
We also get the demoiselles, nymphs of mosquitos, in the house and you need to splat those too.

Probably, but always been too pissed to worry (or notice)

Certainly worth trying but no half measures. Worse case is that you wont know you have been bitten until the following day!

The last 3/4 summers I had been bitten badly multiple times! Nothing I used would stop the itching for more than a couple of hours :angry: the bites would normally be on my legs especially at the back of the knees with just a few on the torso. Last year was the worst, they attacked most of my body :astonished: I could not stop myself from scratching! The bites would take about 10/14 days to stop itching, maybe sooner without the scratching!
Harvest mites was suggested or jiggers :thinking:
Now that I don’t have a dog to walk I have avoided all long grassy areas and so far so good :pray::grinning: I find mosquito bites a doddle in comparison.

Yep. The French call them aoutats - nightmare! Long grass is the danger area.

1 Like

I found antihistamine pills reduce the itching and reaction to bites, and Skin so Soft original from Avon Cosmetics almost eliminated the bites altogether.

1 Like

Malcolm - thanks for reminder about Avon; this is what we all need -

I was given some of this several years ago - and it worked, but I used it all; I was also given the dry oil spray, which I don’t really like but have used on my feet and ankles - and it does work.
But oh how I hate the little biters…!!

Re; Tiger mosquitos…

We brought a Biogents scented Tiger mosquito trap and two Biogent water traps. They work a treat, but it’s all about how well you can place them to locale where you are most often bitten.

They won’t stop the biting, but they will squash the local population to keep biting to a minimum

SSS original is great for mossies, but only brief relief for HM’s. Antihistamines is taken regularly during the pollen season!
I load up with SSS original whenever I go to the UK.