The Brexit fanatics are at the helm, but don’t despair - this is not over

1 Like

Interesting but bleak read.

I find it personally disappointing (a massive understatement) that our politicians who have all the facts, still decided to put us on this path decided to give themselves no power to add any ‘checks or balances’ to the final outcome.

Good luck to us all :frowning:

Martin

1 Like

Why do you always quote the Guardian? A heavily left biased rag, in fact I’ve found this forum is heavily biased towards the left rather than balanced.

3 Likes

Because I’m an optimist and because I am free to express my own opinion. Why are you so negative?

4 Likes

I have a good idea, Lee, why don’t we start our own Forum and call it.

THE RIGHT WAY TO SURVIVE FRANCE.

Anybody interested Lol.

1 Like

You would undoubtedly both do a fantastic job but I think someone beat you to it! @michael_archer :wink:

http://www.partisansmarine.com/

4 Likes

That is cruel James, nice one though, anyway I am off to the UK Thursday, got to be back there when they announce our Theresa as prime minister.
Because it looks like it will be a long time before you lefties are running the country again if ever Lol.

3 Likes

I’m really amazed that you wrote the UK not home.

1 Like

I seriously doubt that @anon29800096 and @michael_archer have really left the UK mentally… I wonder if they were both mill owners back in the day!!

Its not negativity James but when you constantly quote from one source ie the Guardian, a left biased paper, one questions as to whether views expressed based on that are balanced.

2 Likes

Because forums cost money :laughing:

Keep your childish comments to yourself plse.

1 Like

Perhaps I do post more frequently from the Guardian, if you look closely you will find other sources too though.

I have you to provide balance in any case :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tried but there’s a couple here who always try to shout me down no matter what I say.:grin:

1 Like

By all means post Guardian pieces but Polly Toynbee?

Are you surprised?

1 Like

Not surprised, there are bullies in almost all forums, if it makes them feel good then who am I to complain, personally I prefer a good coffee.

2 Likes

As forum owner James can post what he wants but I am disappointed that most of the articles are from the Guardian and heavily biased to the left. Perhaps to stimulate discussion perhaps although frankly I accept that as a Brexit-voting Conservative-supporter I’m probably in the minority over here. Perhaps select the Independent, James, to keep everyone happy?

4 Likes

I don’t read any papers, French or English… but I do follow the on-line News: Sud Ouest, News 24, France Bleu and BBC News.

James’ Guardian bits make me chuckle at times… and cry at others… but, so what… this is a forum and gets folk discussing… :smile:

1 Like

You can post whatever you like, so can anyone! It’s not just down to me to promote discussion, this is a community and I strongly urge you all to post whatever you would like to discuss, from wherever you like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes