The Connexion - financial aid in France

Could someone who has a subscription to The Connexion… please tell me if there has been an article relating to financial welfare in France.

A friend was excited. Seems he had read on-line about financial aid…

Reckons it said that those who lived/worked in France and paid their cotisations … as well as those (eg Brits) who lived in France for years but never worked (nor paid cotisations)… all could receive financial help of up to 900€ per month on top of any pension… up to a ceiling of whatever…

I should be interested to hear what the article did actually say…
as well as general views on what rights to financial help do exist, … for those who have never paid into the French system.

cheers everyone

1 Like

Thanks everyone…

One kind person has provided the info re the article I asked about… and I can now see why my friend was excited… but I can also see that he probably didn’t read/understand all the “small print”…

For anyone in dire need… I would suggest you go and speak with your Mairie… ask for the Assistante Sociale and you should be given all the info re help.

There are also online simulators that tell your what you might be eligible for:

https://www.mesdroitssociaux.gouv.fr/votre-simulateur/accueil

Or using France Connect (which can be accessed using tax or Ameli ID details) you can get a wealth of info.