The Countdown To The Break Up Of The Euro Has Officially Begun!

Master of the understatement Andrew! Johnny and Brian were a bit more thorough than me in actually investigating who wrote it, and pointing out the comments and advertising. :-)

Thanks Sheila, it made me laugh, I'm not an expert either, far from it, but it's pretty clear the bloke's a bit of a nutter!

To be honest, Brian, the reason I included it is because I thought it was rubbish but don't have enough confidence and am not well-informed enough about fiscal policy to be sure. IMHO, Germany has too much to lose by withdrawing from the Euro, and all it's trade being subject to fluctuating exchange rates, etc.

Mon dieu, are there really people who live in such gloom and despondency. I thought I was bad when I sink down into occasional bouts of depression but this is, one is lead to believe, their normality. The comments are paranoia with bells on. Sure Sheila, it made interesting reading simply because it purports to be 'economics' without a single complete sentence of actual economics throughout its entirety. It is speculative tittle-tattle from people biassed against the Euro to begin with. The Merkel stuff is taken a large degree too seriously, given no single government or elected head of government actually has the authority to be as omnipotent as this piece implies.

Then, the icing on the cake seems to be some of the ads surrounding the piece from buinesses constructed to survive within the single currency economy. 'Scuse me, but are the people who put this out quite sane or what?