The Dats and Cogs (aka Siamese) thread

She was so, so majestic - a real égyptien queen! What a beauty!!
As for your other comment, Julie -
"Do you have the ‘is it raining out of this door’? syndrome,whereby you have to open every single door & window in the house to show that ‘yes it is’"
We have this with all 8 of our ‘normal’ rescue moggies - quite time consuming, they sometimes even insist on re-checking just to see we weren’t kidding the first time!
We are trying to teach them to send the dog out to test the weather, trouble is the dog just wants to play - she loves it, while the cats are stir crazy inside!!

She was so beautiful, Julie.
Do you have photos of your current dats and cogs as well?

Aw, so cute!

Well, either Zorro is not a Snowshoe or don’t believe all you read on Wiki!

He has a temper but it’s rarely sweet. A bit of petting is allowed. A little bit. Not seen any signs of devotion or love yet unless biting my ankles is one of the signs? Vocal, yes. Intelligent, yes. Running water, especially from the kitchen tap, yes. But hates rain and thinks I turn on the celestial tap just to thwart his ‘going out now’ intentions. Cue more ankle biting.

He’s a little monster really but Snowshoe breeder told me they often don’t settle until they’re 2-years old (which he is now) so I live in hope… :))

Brilliant! A real Kodak moment!

Zorro (fortunately) seems to lack the herding gene. He first saw cows last summer, turned tail and implored me (well, his Siamese-y slanted eyes went all round) to make them go away. No cows this summer so he’s got the field to himself, apart from the bunny and hare population which pique his interest no end…

That must have been a sight Julie, and you have to applaud her - sounds like she sorted them out!!
I have never owned a pure siamese but have friends who do. This breed of cat always has the ability to look down on all others and commands respect from its servants/owners.
Do you have a photo of Meggy, I guess from your posting that she is no longer with us?

Zorro is a fine fellow…yes there seems to be quite of half Siamese about my Bosco is half Siamese half Doberman pincher or at least he thinks he is!

Zorro is such a handsome boy now!!
Snowshoes have a character all of their own too, the wikipedia description, we’ve found to be pretty accurate -

“Snowshoes are generally affectionate and sweet-tempered, yet still mellow. They enjoy the company of humans and being petted, and are compatible with children and other pets. Snowshoes are very social and docile, and show great devotion and love towards their owners. Snowshoes may express themselves and their complaints vocally, though their meows are not as loud as the Siamese. The cats are also noted as being intelligent. Snowshoes also enjoy water, particularly running water, and may on occasion swim.”