Yes, forgot to mention that we’re in the Montelimar area and I will be looking for work pretty soon after getting our stuff over here. I will be getting a car first, so I can easily get to a job.
My husband will be getting disability from France, not the U.S., so no transferring of funds from another country, (in that vein).
We don’t want to buy right away for a number of reasons:
- Getting acclimated to a whole new life
- Seeing how much will be coming in every month, (we might have to get a small loan
when we do buy. And we will have to prove income).
- We have a pretty wide perimeter from Monteilimar in which to look, will take time
- It will most likely be our ‘forever’ home, can’t rush that
- Get along well with parents, but we all agree not to live together, (staying there while we
secure our own rental is long enough, LOL) besides, we have a full household of things.
Barbara Dean, there were many suggestions, so I don’t know which ‘that’ you were referring to when you said, “‘that’ may be your only option”. Fortunately, in my experience, there is never only one option.
Thank you for confirming Andrew Hearne about leboncoin, I have been looking there. Good to know all the other stuff about our dossier too. Very good information, as always
I think that’s all for the questions posed. Thank you everybody for your input, I really appreciate it!