The EU and Britian

All I am getting from this report is threat, threat, mild peril and more threat.

Nice suit Michel. Someone please please lend him a DVD of “Darkest Hour”. This stuff is red rag to a bull for many Brits.

1 Like

What did you expect? Milk and honey?

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting the emotion TBH

I don’t understand your comment, please can you explain a bit more?

1 Like

The language is all emotion and all about what will happen if you don’t comply.

“The UK will have to face the consequences,”
“we are much better prepared for no deal than we were before”
“isn’t going to happen”
"That was really shocking, frankly, because the damage if you don’t have a plan…
“Time’s running out and you don’t have a plan. It’s like Lance Corporal Jones, you know, ‘Don’t panic, don’t panic!’ Running around like idiots.”

I’m not saying these comments aren’t true. I am sure they are. Indeed I am sure May did her best But the negotiators (Barnier) knows that the agreement was rejected in the UK parliment.

But still, talks to the press in this way.

Thanks.
What should be said instead of “The UK will have to face the consequences,” ? I cannot think of a more polite way to say.

1 Like

Do you think people in the UK don’t know this?

Do you think this language helps the Brexit situation move forward?

Listen to the audio and put your self in his seat.
When you get that question, should you really answer :

I think that was a polite answer.

The first is self-evidently true, we cannot pull ourselves out of one of the largest global trading blocks without consequences - which will be negative what ever the Brexiteer faithful say.

The second is also a simple statement of fact - no-deal will be a downer for the EU but they have now factored it in and plan measures to mitigate the worst effects - on them

Sorry - what was the context for the “isn’t going to happen” comment?

As to the rest - we don’t have a plan, or not enough of a plan - frankly the whole UK side of this fiasco has been a shambles - Mainwaring and his troupe probably could have done a better job.

I think the EU is looking on in amazement and sadness while a once-respected (if not always wholly committed) member nation is ripping itself apart.

2 Likes

…and continually saying this is doing what?
Who does it help?

Are the EU hoping that continually “telling us how it us” will somehow wake us to the reality?

I guess its everyone being SO SURE what they are saying is 100% correct again. Both sides are static and entrenched. BoJo is coming out regardless.

My point is that Barnier is not helping as BoJo and Hunt have cotton wool in their ears.

Barnier is a bit like Jim Bowen saying to us…“this is what you could have won”. He just pisses Brits off

In this case Barnier was asked his view by Panorama, he didn’t knock on the door of the BBC and demand to be heard.

I’m really not clear what you expect him to do - no it probably won’t make us wake up and smell the coffee but, equally, he’s not going to suddenly start saying it’s a wonderful idea.

Because it isn’t.

2 Likes

Well, if doing something brain-numbingly stupid and then finding that being told it was brain-numbingly stupid pisses you off, then yes, I suppose.

5 Likes

You see that’s your opinion…not fact.

I have no interest is discussing whether Brexit is good idea. That boat has long sailed.

I can feel your frustration @anon88169868.

Where on earth is this going to end, if our negotiators can’t negotiate?

How much oil could a gum boil boil if a gum boil could boil oil?

2 Likes

“Where on earth is this going to end, if our negotiators can’t negotiate?”

Well, in the bad old days that was the point when war was declared.

the only person declaring war is führer farridge :rage:

Really? Could you provide a single piece of concrete evidence that it is not brain-numbingly stupid?

Careful what you suggest…

Could you?