The Good Old Days?

I loved The Stranglers…had all their albums…got in trouble at home for playing it too loud…first live concert was in Leicester with my friend from school…took so much “deception” on her part for us both to get to the concert…she stayed at my house…we put food dye in our hair and wore chains and safety pins…my mom and dad unwittingly got caught up in a massive dilemma as her dad was abusing her…x :frowning:

Saw Led Zep in Ipswich in 1971, never saw The Stranglers.

1 Like

I saw Cream’s farewell concert RAH 1968. Also early Floyd. Local pubs with a bit of space would put on concerts like Mayall and Fleetwood Mac, the first group. I think some things are better and some worse. In the late 60s early 70s you could leave a job in the morning and have another by the afternoon. The great invention we have now is the internet which is truly a marvel.

1 Like

I saw The Beatles Live, at Carlisle, only because a mate gave me the tickets, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered, the girlfriend at the time, was quite impressed though :grin:

2 Likes

Best show I have seen, was Flatley, with ‘Lord of The Dance’ in Dublin :+1:

Del Boy… always made us howl with laughter… and we have the dvd’s …hurrah

1 Like

I used to do the all nighters down at Ken Collyers off the Charing Cross Road in the sixties. You took a sleeping bag and snuggled up to any bird you could find. I still remember a fraulein called Erica. God knows why- we just talked! Music was people like the Downliner Sect, Chris Barber etc