The Great Outdoors

The pot looks very pleased with itself too. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more self-satisfied who’s-a-clever-pot, anywhere. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Neat little feet too. I expect it steps carefully off its plinth when you’re not watching and does a tour of inspection of the humble white pots standing respectfully in line at a distance. A very orderly garden there, Graham!

My laundry drying ‘windy alley’ - between main house & old bakery to be renovated

2 Likes

Yes! seems so (according to PlantSnap app) Blueblossom (ceanothus thyrsiflorus).
Perhaps we’ll get some more (after the lock down has finished) if it’s going to spread that much,

Its the inspection cover for the rainwater run-off from the garage.

They’re light blue actually to match the colour of the wooden bench and side tables under the verandah leading to the North terrace. - sounds grand eh but it’s only an 'umble bungalow…

1 Like

I just got some seed potatos in before it rains, no pictures yet,I had to use the shovel as the spade has wandered off. The pigeons are very interested.

1 Like

4 Likes

How come you got post @Stella?

3 Likes

ah… I know you meant this in jest… but …

those posts were kindly authorised/organised by the Maire to stop a neighbour from parking on the “grass”…right up against my window (and, incidentally, on my land). :roll_eyes: The posts themselves are on the thin strip of communal land which abutts my own… … I cut the grass/weeds and provide valerian freely throughout the commune… (it seeds everywhere :crazy_face: )

That tree has been pruned pretty hard.

2 Likes

With a banned chainsaw.

2 Likes

If I were not so well behaved… I might have taken a chainsaw to the neighbour’s car…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Uploading: 20200421_184223.jpg…
After the prolonged spell of dry weather the rain has brought out the rich spring colours, and the weeds!

2 Likes

Photinia at its best

3 Likes

This is such a lovely thread - especially at the moment! Please keep the pictures coming!

1 Like

3 Likes

Some of our roses that are out now

4 Likes

If anyone is interested, live streaming tomorrow evening.

I have suddenly become aware of a lot of twittering at night. Until recently I would only hear the occasional hoot or foxes, maybe some russtleing in the undergrowth.
Any ideas