The great SF game of tag

A while back, I was tagged by French Leave and then clean forgot about it so, here it is.

1. What will you be doing while the football world cup is on?

Yesterday I sat outside enjoying the sunshine and some female company whilst the males sat inside, whooping and hollering. I should imagine that this trend will continue...

What picks you up when you're down?

My husband.

3. Indian or China...we're talking tea here, not economics...

Indian in the morning. China at 4pm.

4. What do you value most about blogging?

Hmm. This is a tricky one. Probably when people tell me that I have made them laugh.

5. What can't you bring yourself to throw out of your wardrobe?

Lots of things but happily my daughters are now the same size so I can lend them stuff rather than having to be ruthless and get rid of it.

6. Would you rather someone didn't ask your views on controversial issues?

Only where my youngest brother is concerned as it always results in a row.

7. Do you recommend people..and then wish you hadn't?

Nope!

8. Do you own up to reading light novels, or hide them under the cushions if visitors arrive?

I will read anything and everything and am quite happy to admit to it.

9. Content with your own company or gregarious?

Very content with my own company. Perhaps too much so.

10. One thing which would noticeably improve your life.

Money. Apart from that, I have just about everything I could want....

Now, I'm supposed to pass this on to five other bloggers, which I will do in due course. But I also thought as there are so many SF members who blog - it would be nice to start an SF tag. So as I don’t want to exclude anyone, I’m inviting you all to play......here goes! Feel free to share as much or as little detail as you wish......

What was the last thing you bought?

When were you last overcome with laughter?

3.Favourite meal?

Dog or cat?

Did you vote in the General election?

What are you reading?

What makes you cry?

What would you change if you could?

What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?

10. How would you like to be remembered?

1/A big sack of dog food and some flower pots.
2/At my dog going berserk with my daughters dog in the meadow a few weeks ago in Germany.
3/Tom Kha Gai. Heaven in a dish.
4/Dog by a small squeak.
5/No
6/Carry me down by MJ Hyland, 1000 years of Annoying the French by Steven Clarke and the Dukan Diet.
7/Frustration mainly
8/All the times I’ve given into temper.
9/Tried to drive a motorbike. (Oh dear I still dream about that)
10/ With a smile.

Just to say that we are both happy here in the South West and we had the advantage of a seven year spell just south of Paris between 1990 and 1997. As I said in other discussions, our intention is to stay in France but maybe towards the Atlantic coast. We’ll have to wait and see which way the wind blows, so to speak. The biggest disappointment is from a professional point of view. It is very difficult even for someone fluent in French to be accepted here in the workplace.

Cheers

Still reeling!

Unbelievable.

We had a holiday in Brittany in 2003 and I could not stop coughing for two weeks.I was told I had “bronchialitis obliterans” based on a scan, I think that’s how you spell it. It is incurable and the professor put me on antibiotics for life. When I asked “if the antibiotics don’t work what then”? He didn’t answer. I did get the answer from an assistant Doctor and it was lung transplant. Can you imagine what was going through our heads? The professor said that we didn’t live in the best environment for such and illness. So I wrote to him asking if it was a good idea to move to which he replied it was not absolutely necessary and that he had never said to change environment. All very confusing when you are trying to come to terms with an “incurable illness”. I guess we also used this as an “excuse” to move on. Needless to say I went to see a professor in Toulouse, as a follow up and not to question the diagnosis of the professor in the UK. He told me that is was utter nonsense and that the illness could not be diagnosed simply from a scan, but required biopsies etc. He immediately took me off the antibiotics and said, if my health really went down hill he would carry out the necessary tests to determine what the problem was. Well here we are today, five years later antibiotic free and no change in my health. I must add that I have had asthma since the age of 4 and the professor was aware of this.
Why was it stupid? Because I managed a business in the UK for my neighbour and would probably have bought it from him when he retired. My wife gave up a job in teaching as an assistant and although she re-passed exams in France (becasue the UK qualification was not accepted) has not worked since. She was very disappointed that the teaching assistant in France is not really considered the same level as the UK.
Sorry that went on a bit. Just one last thought. Whilst being told I had an “incurable disease” that blasé attitude was something to behold.

I’m intrigued by number 9…

1/ Some new clothes for my hols on Staurday, not over the top though.
2/ Shame to say I can’t remember
3/ So many, but mince and dumplings or liver and onions, both with nice mash.
4/ So different, I have a dog, but probably prefer cats.
5/ No
6/ Peter James
7/ Remembering my Brother.
8/ My professional situation.
9/ Probably take an English professor on his word about my health. He was wrong.
10/ As someone who cared.