The greatest recording artists .....your choice

Queen,
Pink Floyd,
Metallica
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Time to be contraversialā€¦

Never got into Hendrix, I thought he was grossly overrated as a guitarist. Rory Gallagher and others made him look like a beginner IMO.

He was lucky to have been in the right place at the right time.

I agree about Hendrix. Itā€™s just a shame weā€™ll never know how good he might have become.

1 Like

Not many could play a right handed guitar left handed

He was a phenomenon, the right person for that period. I canā€™t imagine him as an old rock musician somehow. That was his time and he made his contribution to rock history. (IMO).

Hendrix was an extraordinary guitarist, with an unmistakeable sound.

He was extraordinary and I am proud to say that he came on stage and jammed with the band I managed at a club in London. He played the bass that night!

Albert King was even weirder. He played R Handed flying Vs flipped over but not restrung to accommodate the fact that he was left handed.

Elton John.

Yes very special.

And as a guitarist rather than a singer I have to say Jeff Beck is probably the best
I have heared ever. Followed his musical life not intensely but with interest and these
days he stands alone with his infusion of sitar illusion and his and his meetings with
every style of music and it becomes supremely Jeff Beck.

Something like this,

Yes and then on other occasions he takes on the style of the sitar.
Not an old grand dad with slippers and baked beans on toast;
He is one of the greats from the sixties musical magicians.
So lucky to have been part of this experience.

Slippers and baked beans on toastā€¦must try thatšŸ˜‰

Yesterday I discovered Don Mclean. I knew about Vincent and And I love You So but he has written so many other beautiful songs. Oh, and so good live with just his guitar.

1 Like

Yes he was a good song writer. Vincent was special.
Not sure if he is still around;

Yes heā€™s alive and still performing. Due to play in Essex soon. Heā€™s 72 now.

Ah but he is not from Essex.

Leonard Cohen - This one for uplifting a heavy heart:

Florent Pagny - This one brings a tear to my eye every time.

Beautiful and the instrumental side of the production is stunning.
Electric violin is so special.