The greatest recording artists .....your choice

Went to this one…£3.50!!

1 Like

You got a bargain. Amazing line up.
What year was it?

1975…I was sitting on my fathers shoulders :wink:

1 Like

Can’t stop playing this at the moment…wake up in the night and it’s still running around in my head. Jerry’s guitar playing at 5.55 is sooo sublime.

2 Likes

Love it…!

I came across this today…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is one of my favourite Grateful Dead tracks, seems quite appropriate in this day and age

2 Likes
1 Like

Dare i say 2Pac??? Or Michael Jackson?? Those are two of my favs!:notes: i have many more…but those 2 popped first into my lil head!

1 Like

If we’re going to do Beethoven’s 5th…

2 Likes

Love it…! I love 2Cellos…hadn’t heard this one…x :smiley:

Love Michael Jackson too Meghann…the first nightclub me and my best mate from school ever went to was The Horsefair in Leicester…I can even remember the outfit I was wearing…!

My favourite Michael Jackson track…x :slight_smile:

Michael Jackson - Earth Song (Official Video) - YouTube

1 Like

You probably know about this site, but here it is anyway.
https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

2 Likes

Current favourite love it! ,:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

https://youtu.be/CjxugyZCfuw

2 Likes

Never seen or heard it before but I like it .

This is one I also like …

2 Likes

Just love this one too …

2 Likes

Love it Ann - thanks! The one I posted from The Greatest Showman is a current hit but only became so after the lyrics were added to the film for a re-release. The original release was a damp squib but now the film is super popular.

1 Like

THis is an ancient history thing by now, but thought I would pop in with an addendum; Like you Peter I never really got into Hendrix but _ did see what I recall as being his first appearance in the UK_ (unreliable memory and all that?)
which was at the Rikky-Tik Club in Windsor when I saw and heard him play an electric guitar with never once touching the strings. Also and although never favorites of mine I saw the early entry of a group with a seemingly demented spastic lead singer imitating a rooster? I thought he and they were total crap and am amazed they (the group) are still around - now a bunch of geriatric* junkies! NB *as in my age group!
Anyone any idea of which one I am talking about? Interesting that I haven’t seen them mentioned here.

1 Like

The Strolling Bones perhaps…

Joe Cocker is possibly the lead singer… with The Grease Band…

1 Like

I have to admit to liking the ageing bunch you refer to Norman. Their enthousiasm is amazing after 6 decades in the business. The son of a mate (as i’ve previously said) was the sound engineer on their Cuban concert last year and he reckons they were ‘awesome’ !

Hendrix was obviously a ‘useful’ guitarist but I still reckon he was overrated and lucky to have been in the right place at the right time.