The H1 form

Some years ago, a fellow at our local tax office assured me that my project to make an opening between my house, & the gite next door, would certainly reduce my TF, as I’d no longer be taxed on two properties.
Having recently finished this particular project, I completed the H1, & took it to the tax so they could check it & correct any discrepencies…
Today, I get a call saying that my TF was set to increase next year, given the work carried out.
To say I’m disappointed is something of an understatement.
In the same week, I’m also informed that the “departement” are acquiring 241m2 of my garden, for a road scheme.
They are offering me the princely sum of 1 euro per m2…no choice in this, as the land is “worth nothing” in their words.
To me it is.

Ouch

Is it a big %age of your plot?

No, but I’m not one for being pushed into a corner, & told what to do.

man the barricades!!! pistolettes at the ready…

2 Likes

Did the overall work include doing up the gite? The total project perhaps brought it up even if the opening may have brought it down a little.

No, that was completed in 2003.
It was just joining the two buildings together.

That seems incorrect then that they should be increasing as a result, particularly as you went and saw them and you were told it would decrease it. Unless they have relooked at the total property and reassessed the lot and decided you weren’t paying enough. Od though when you had advice from them before, I’d probably go and see them.

This is not the first time they’ve said one thing, & done the opposite.
They’re not the most “user friendly” bunch.
The declaration was very specific ; & they were aware it was already a gite.

I’ll get over it.