The Memorial Ceremony at Trivy

We went down to the village this morning to join in the memorial for the centenary of the Armistice.
Jim wore his grandfather’s medals and also those of his great uncle who was killed at the Somme and whose body was never found.
He also wore his father’s medals, including those given by the Russians for men on the Arctic convoys.
It was a really disappointing turn out, but the presence of our English friends, us, was noted and we were thanked for coming.
I also noticed that the Mayor wore a montgolfier badge in his lapel and I asked him if he was a parachutist, which, of course, he was.

Remembrance in our neck of the woods…

At our neighbours’ request…I wore several varieties of the Red Poppy… that I have acquired over the years…and then, of course, le Bluet de France… I decided not to wear any medals, but wore one of my Dad’s badges instead (under my scarf and lost to all but me…).

Excellent turnout, glorious weather… and a Ginkgo Biloba planted ceremoniously at the end of it all…by members of the Football Club… (who have promised to look after it… so that might ensure their attendance in future…:relaxed:)

The Dead of All Nations… were honoured…

and there were lots of speeches…many with a similar theme: war is ruthless and bloody… and to be avoided at almost any cost…

1 Like

I forgot to mention that a young man from Trivy died in Mali this year.