The ongoing saga of Brittany Ferries

Does anyone know what’s happening with the aforementioned?
My partner is booked to sail with them at the beginning of April, but is obliged to change dates…
There’s no response from them, either by phone or email.
Is anyone having, has had this problem with them recently ?
Thanks in advance

Bob

Not yet, anyway - we have a crossing booked for Easter.

When you say “no response by phone” do you mean they are literally not answering customer service lines?

Pretty much, yes.

That’s… worrying.

Exactly

What number are you trying?

Does this at least tell you what’s going on?

Is online not working?

In the comments on the Guardian article kindly posted by Sue, somebody said if you’ve got a voucher number, eg from a previous cancelled sailing, its number can be entered when you get to the payment screen.

I had to laugh at one of the comments on the Guardian article when someone said they were going to use the er…social name of Brittany Ferries and someone else said they were going to use the name PO Cruises.

That’s how it has worked when I’ve had vouchers in the past.

Can i ask please,which route was your partner booked on with BF for the beginning of April,thanks.

I think it’s Plymouth - Roscoff.
Today we managed to get endless muzak, instead of the engaged tone.

0330 159 7000
From memory

I tried the French number before realising it was after 5, so will try them in the morning

Morning all

Due to my daughter having to have a planned cesarean section next week ( her and baby are well so don’t panic ), we had to change our planned crossing with BF

It took 27 phone calls before we could get through and the we had to hang on for 45 mins before we were answered. Once we spoke to somebody we were dealt with with extreme professionalism.

So all I can suggest is to get a comfy chair, a glass of wine and wait, and wait, but you will get through.

Andy

3 Likes

This morning I rang the French BF number, & a very helpful lady amended the booking.
I checked the online booking, & it was already changed…within the time it took to say “goodbye” & hang up.
Her advice was to call the French number, as the UK office was experiencing difficulties.

3 Likes

Phew… so glad you’ve got it sorted… :slight_smile:

We are, too, Stella

I know the Normandie has to be in dry dock for an extra week. I wanted to amend a booking and it took me about 50 minutes on the phone as my booking told me I couldn’t do it on line.

I tried to contact the UK office. There was no reply except after 6pm when a message said 'We’re closed. Call between 9pm - 6pm". It seemed odd to me that a company operating services pretty much 24/24 should shut the phones down - as if they were ever taking calls - at 6pm, so I tried the number recommended for people with special needs such as the disabled. No reply - and after 6pm “We’re closed”

There are no contact details on the main website except that 7000 number, which is a waste of time. No email, no chat line …

The difference with the c/s of DFDS is massive. A different universe of C/S. If only Newhaven was not such a grunt to get to.

You could try some of the numbers listed here:

Not sure how up to date they are though.