The power of the media.....especially television

I wonder Tim can we ever be fully prepared for the future!
We can have back up plans and safety nets but life is very, very exspensive.
Especially if you want to drive around and explore this beautiful country or take a week
away to somewhere else for a change of scenery.

Well we certainly did, our move was planned to the nth degree. We came here with four young children and made sure that we could go back at any time should any of them (or us) not be happy.

So are you going back?

Of course not, why would you think that?

It was a question.

You are not totally satisfied with your work?

Iā€™m getting too old to work 24/7 for several months of the year and am not that far away from reaching the French retirement age so weā€™re thinking about ditching the rental properties and keeping the holiday homes, that way we can go away pretty much when we like as opposed to now when we have to take our break between December and February which limits where we can go.

we go away begin oct and possibly early Aprilā€¦sometimes as long as we have a cat sitter.

same here we planned it yes we brought our plans forward a few years because i was injured but we will never go to the UK to live again.

not everything needs perfect planning and many of the folks here are not working anymore.

tv shows twist reality of life and twist your story to what makes good tv so not always what we wan them to see.

Yes Harry.
I am not brave enough to do itā€¦did it a few times when I was young
but in different circumstances.
But I know of several people who have been on New life in the Sun and they
are not looking backā€¦they are so busy.

its not for everyone