The Queen's Jubilee - A Time To Celebrate?

I look terrible in photographs but alas in real life as well, I also think that sometimes photographs do catch us at the moment where our face says give me the dagger I’ll unseam him from the nave to the chaps* but we’re actually thinking about whether we put the milk back in the fridge or unlocked the catflap…

• Mashup Macbeth
2 Likes

3 Likes

Opinions are like ars@holes everybody’s got one

5 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think I would fancy it.

2 Likes

Oooops

Oh Graham, you are funny. How long did it take you to find that negative story? The events of the last few days have been beautifully executed and most people would be hard pressed to find a negative…but you have! Well done!
Izzy x

2 Likes

Especially as it was a rap song??? And thats really just vebal diarrhea. Some may say poetry.

Now that it’s over I think there will be a period of analysis/discussion on the role and meaningfulness of the monarchy going forward with the accession of Charles looming large. Clearly, there is a growing indifference to the royal family as many people didn’t participate or even watch any of the events on tv so I wonder whether we’ll see a gradual move to view them more as a ‘decoration’ rather than an importance as with other other monarchies in Europe.

Thread muted.

1 Like

That’s a disappointing response Corona as I was just trying to move the conversation on from the celebratory to the future. IMO the Jubilee was a way of saying ‘thank you’ to the Queen for her service and dedication but as with all national events there will be a ‘debriefing’ afterwards and I doubt there will another Jubilee for many decades if at all.

1 Like

on the other hand… clearly… many people did participate etc etc etc… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Indeed, many from all over the country celebrated. Don’t get the grumpy negativity.

1 Like

I didn’t read Tim’s comments as negative, more like furthering the discussion

and I furthered it… :rofl:
that aside, in my opinion there is a lot of negativity (sometimes grumpiness) on this thread, which I don’t appreciate/like… but life goes on… this is a forum, after all.

I think Prince Philip is standing next to her. :grin:

6 Likes

It’s a lovely photo… and, of course, she’s at the front and the others are actually standing slightly back from her (it’s her day after all…) but I do like to think that those we are close to never quite leave us… (no knocking my sentimentality, please… ) :rofl:

Edit: I love this photo of them both… aaah.

7 Likes

I still bet that Dozy Dorries sanctioned it though as it would have crossed her desk as SoS for Culture, Media et al :smile:

1 Like

That’s why they left the gap.

I know. :slight_smile: In fact in the video William moves one of the boys out the way to leave room.

1 Like