The resurgence of EDF's Tempo tarif

Can you link to source for that?

As has been said previously, Tempo has always been an option but you had to really ask firmly, until the recent push.

You may not have - round here - Lot et Garonne - it will be -3 tomorrow morning first thing and down to zero every night for 6 days from Wednesday onwards.

Hmmm I’ve just tried to find where I read it and can’t. I may have misunderstood, it was a comment about ending the 22/23 campaign and a Max of 5M homes. I’ll edit my post, sorry :face_with_head_bandage:

@Badger @vero Thank you. I fully accept the logic of RTE assessing likely demand on a national basis. I thought I’d read somewhere, perhaps even on this thread, that RTE based their assessment on the Paris area, which appears to be fairly mild, based on online forecasts. I suspect I’ve misremembered!

@SuePJ Apologies, I was simply puzzled at the red day arising tomorrow IF RTE were looking at the Paris area weather. My misunderstanding (see above). I don’t actually live near there (several hours away in Normandy)…sorry to hear of your cold snap. Hope it doesn’t last too long.

1 Like

No need for apologies. :slight_smile: Just realised, we are having a “warm snap” in Tuesday. I might get some gardening done (if it doesn’t rain)

Having just read @Stella ‘s info article mentioning elec price increases and how much it’s currently being subsidized, it does really make me wonder how long that will continue. I think one is probably for certain, the price is very unlikely to be going down. So I think forced changed habits are undoubtedly a good thing, unless you have very deep pockets! Very pleased we don’t have to pay UK prices.

2 Likes

EDF’s new “grille prix” has come out, applicable from 01/02/2023.

Base tarif has seen a big increase per kWh (0,174 € previously, now 0,2062 €) compared to Tempo where the increases are incredibly modest, apart from red HP.

Some Tempo rates have actually dropped very slightly, as can be seen in the screenshot below (with increases in red text, reductions in green, both shown below the actual figure per kWh).

3 Likes

@Badger Thanks alot for sharing, very helpful - reinforces the move to tempo and starting to edge towards solar​:+1::+1:

1 Like

@Badger Extremely helpful. Thank you.

Out of interest, how do customers usually get to hear of EDF/Tempo price changes? Did you happen to know they routinely (?) change on 1 Feb, or are you proactively contacted by EDF ? I wouldn’t have known about the changes, if I hadn’t been fortunate enough to be on this forum.

No sign so far - at least at this stage - of EDF increasing the number of red and white days in a year, which I understand from various consumer sites is occasionally mooted by EDF…

It’s always in the press/radio/TV at some point in advance.

Bookmark that link I posted & visit it occasionally.

1 Like

This is quite interesting, explaining how the Tempo colour du jour is selected…(by algorithm!) See second link down on page when launched (unfortunately it wouldn’t let me copy the direct link.)

Wasn’t sure whether I should post here or on the cheerful news thread :grinning:

Having been experimenting with the Bluetti battery, another very small battery, 250W of solar panels and timers to operate more energy thirsty appliances such as pump, hot water heater and washing machine during off peak, just had the latest update on the EDF app and amazed at how low I’ve managed to get the consumption! Note I do use a wood burner for heating, but also use a petrole heater in a very limited way in the bathroom.

Roll on those blue days!

I’ve amazed myself at how relatively easy it’s been actually, after having not really cared less for years how much gas/elec I used :woozy_face:

3 Likes